External controllers

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
john rixon_

Post by john rixon_ »

I'm trying to programme my Saitek game pad to use with Resolume, so far the 3 function keys (F1, F2, &F3) work now, but the assignment of the other main keys doesn't seem to want to work. Within Saitek "Gamimg Extensions" ( a comprehensive assignment application) I have assigned the keys I want to use, but only 3 of them work. The reason I ask is that saitek make a "PC Dash" controller, which would be ideal for beginners to VJing on a tight budget. If this could be made to work, Resolume would be easily controllable without the dual monitor setup! Any ideas?

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

no we don't have any experiance with these Saitek products so i can't help you with that. Maybee you can try it @ Saitek?

We would love to make a custom hardware interface to resolume as that would be ideal in a live situation, but making a thing like that is EXPENCIVE! and we don't have any experiance with it so if any1 has any ideas on making a custom interface affordable, please let us know. ;-)

zeist_

Post by zeist_ »

mayhaps im confused here, cause the only reason i like resolume is for live stuff.... it has all i need. the keyboard is perfect for vjing live (as far as eye can see).... except for a crossfader more accurate than dragging the mouse.

i think mayhaps an option for improvement would be to be able to increase/decrease the levels on anything by using the + / - buttons. ie. you click on the speed levels, or the percentage levels etc, then click + and it increases the magnitude of the respective function. in other words you could make a kind of serependic usage of the foreign language modes out of a more plastic, and less refundable structure. iff ya kin my trip?

;)