Firewire working with Resolume!!!

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
elbows_

Post by elbows_ »

Hello,

I have been experimenting with firewire drivers & software for days in order to learn how to get it more compatible with VJ apps such as Resolume.

Today I have had some sucess! To get it working you need Windows 2000 becuase that includes some kind of VFW-WDM bridge.

Anyway there are 3 steps to getting it working, if anyone wants to know more then I will be happy to supply more details....

1) Make sure VFW-WDM bridge is available (should show up as Microsoft WDM Image Capture in list of capture devices). If it isnt showing then you need to set it up, I dont have instructions for this at the moment but will fond you some links if needed.

2) Ensure your DV cameras driver in device manager is the Microsoft one NOT the Texas Instruments one. If it is the Texas instruments one, go into driver details, change driver, show list of drivers in system, pick M$ one.

Now I can drag Microsoft WDM Capture device in Resolume and it works!!!

Warning: DV video seems to use a lot of system resources, not surprising, very high resolution & already compressed so has to be DV decompressed which eats CPU!