ati 7500 vs NVIDIA GEFORCE4 go?

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
visual impact_

Post by visual impact_ »

hello,
do u know which of this two gphx cards for laptop (I8100,128 mo) run faster resolume because i would like to upgrade mine.

ati7500 supports directx 8
nvdida geforce4 go directx 7

i feel that the tv output of my geforece 2 go 16mo run slowly .
do anyone know how to increase this?
is ti better to increase memory than graphics cards?

some says to run ramdisk, but this do not increase the speed of video output ?

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

we have will solve this speed problem with version 1.1 ... the problem is that windows prioritieses the first display thus anything running on the second will be slower ... we have solved this problem by letting directx take over the second display in fullscreen ... so subscribe to our mailinglist and we will keep you up-to-date!

i have not heard much about the Geforce4Go yet so i do not know which is faster ... i will look into this and post it here if i can finf anything ...

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

http://www.gamepc.com/reviews/hardware_ ... cssid=&tp=

here you will find one of the first reviews of a Geforce 4go equiped laptop ... damn this this is fast! ;-)

waxhopper_

Post by waxhopper_ »

but the article makes it sound like the dual monitor support doesn't offer independent outputs, no?

"Unfortunately, GeForce4Go cannot run in a true multi-monitor mode as we've seen on GeForce4 MX and GeForce4 Titanium cards, instead notebook users are simply left with the nView "clone" abilities, allowing you to duplicate the contents of your primary screen to a larger monitor, commonly used for business presentations on the road."

does the radeon have true dual outputs or is everyone using a scan converter w/ zoom capabilities? please enlighten me!

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

i have a 16 Mb Radeon in my Sony Vaio laptop and it has perfect independent outputs and a tv-out ... it does not have zoom capabilities ...

waxhopper_

Post by waxhopper_ »

my impression is that the outputs are independent because you wrote resolume to undock the display and send it to the second monitor/projector, right? when everything is working correctly should we be able to see the output both in the corner window of the interface display as well as on the projector or does docking/undocking limit us to one output display only? sorry to be dense/worry about nothing, but i just bought an inspiron 8200 and hope i didn't just blow a big wad. thanks much.

waxhopper_

Post by waxhopper_ »

after obsessing some more and watching the propaganda clips at nvidia's website, it seems like the reviewer was a bit of a monkey with his settings, else the geforce4 go is totally useless to us. either way, all the reviews seem to be saying that the geforce4 is just slightly faster than the radeon. hrmpf.

skydancer_

Post by skydancer_ »

don't worry, the geforce also has an "independent" tvout... at least the media player displays its movie on the tvout in fullscreen, so the functionality is there!

i guess nvidia removed the tweaks and settings to satisfy the "home users"... bah :