Wich midicontroller are u using?

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
MFx_

Post by MFx_ »

Hi all,

I was wondering wich midicontroller everybody was using with resolume.
I use an oxygen 8, but looking for something extra.

auspuff_

Post by auspuff_ »

if you want to go just a step higher then the oxygen you could considder getting a Novation remote 25 (just the midi version, not the audio), we got it a couple of weeks ago for 300 euro and we like it a lot.

olim_

Post by olim_ »

trie the midi controller evolution x-session, its realy cool.
greats.

Produx_

Post by Produx_ »

i am using the Phatboy midi controller for it. it's an oldy but I just love it

noce_

Post by noce_ »

i use an evolution uc-16. easy and cheap. i don't think keyboard is so imortant on midi cause pushing letters on laptop is almost the same. pitch and slides are really usefull instead of using the mouse...
see here: http://www.evolution.co.uk/products/evo_uc16.htm

henkie_

Post by henkie_ »

i'm just using an old yamaha keyboard connected on the printerport with some old device 8-) verry cool and stuff

Digicat_

Post by Digicat_ »

I have been using the Oxygen-8 for the last year and its usb port finally crapped out on me. I have punished the hell out of that little keyboard too. The knobs on it have lost their glue and the rubber comes off of them now. I am buying the radium-49 though.

Check out the new korg, it has auto triggering of midi events built into the controller...
im buying one of those too.

SuperficiaL_

Post by SuperficiaL_ »

hi guys,

i dont use midi, i only use a griffin powermate (usb) for the finetuning of the sliders... rest i do with keyboard... works great for me... only 1 knob which controls all the sliders (not at the same time of course...)
also ROCKS for Premiere and other frame related software like After effects and Flash because it can be programmed to work like a shuttlejog...

Greetz Superficial...
Attachments
powermate.jpg
powermate.jpg (2.79 KiB) Viewed 8973 times

themadhatter_

Post by themadhatter_ »

WOW! i never heard of that controller before!
are there any copareable products to the griffin powermate? any flaws or drawbacks? what's it size?

just tell us more please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

greetings,
themadhatter

SuperficiaL_

Post by SuperficiaL_ »

hi madhatter,

its about 5 centimeters in diameter. it has a blue light at the base which u can program to pulse.
a rubber semitransparant base which almost sticks to your desktop.
the usb cord is kinda short around 50 centimeter but usb cords are very cheap these days...
u can turn the knob either way..
and u can even push it...
every move is programmable to a function key, a keystroke or something else.
ehm thats sort of my comercial for this little gadget :)
i never regretted buying it.
costs 39 dollars

more info here.... http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/powermate

only flaw i can emagine is that it sometimes doesnt recognize the powermate, but this is because i lug my shuttle around and plug it in after i turn it on :) but when u pull out the usb cord and reconnect it works fine again...

ah and by the way...
u cant use it for videoscratching (which i had hoped for)
only for the sliders and all the other things that can have a shortcut key asignd.

greetz SuperficiaL...