Rental License

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Electroguepard
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Rental License

Post by Electroguepard »

You should have a rent license option, like QLab: http://figure53.com/qlab/buy/

I failed in my last enterprise and I lost everything. I have no money for a new license.
But I have some easy VJ jobs next days.
But not enough jobs to invest into a new license (or I pay license or I pay food... je je)
Today one friend is going to let me his stuff, but if I could have the chance to rent a license, it woud be easier.

Think about it!!!

sleepytom

Re: Rental License

Post by sleepytom »

I agree - it would be very handy to be able to rent licences, often small tours want to use resolume for a couple of weeks on their own machines, they are renting other gear like projectors, but have to stump up 700 euros for a licence. Or you have a big show and need extra machines for just one gig, finding rental Arena machines is hard, if you could rent the extra licences then you could just hire in suitable computers and pay for the software for the days of the show.

Obviously it would be some work to implement this system, but I'm sure it would be beneficial and make it much easier for people to properly pay for the systems they actually have in use, rather than juggling licences.

LXConcepts

Post by LXConcepts »

I have 4 servers for rent (3 x 4 4k outputs w/ input cards, and a macbook that does a single out) in North America :)

I know of a couple other arena servers here for rent as well...

Realistically the cost of a license is ridiculously cheap.....by the time you rent it for 2 weeks you'd probably be paying close enough to the price of a permanent license anyways
Lighting and media server design

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

Send us a mail@resolume.com and we'll work it out.

Electroguepard

Post by Electroguepard »

LXConcepts wrote:I have 4 servers for rent (3 x 4 4k outputs w/ input cards, and a macbook that does a single out) in North America :)

I know of a couple other arena servers here for rent as well...

Realistically the cost of a license is ridiculously cheap.....by the time you rent it for 2 weeks you'd probably be paying close enough to the price of a permanent license anyways
Yes, is cheap, but sometimes life changes :)

It's not a price discussion, I agree the price of Resolume, it's only an oportunity discussion :D

Electroguepard

Post by Electroguepard »

50% Black Friday Discount is a good chance.

http://resolume.com/blog/10774/happy-th ... y-discount

New Arena license working! :twisted:

kmifflin

Post by kmifflin »

Just to throw the devils advocate out there.

I would prefer that Arena stay as a full licensed product. I've spent a ton of money on building the perfect media server with Arena as the interface. And for that reason I charge a good price for clients to use my equipment. If you devalue the product then you devalue the investment that everyone has made in the product. If one of my clients knew they could use the same program for a fraction of what I'd charge with a licence that covered their event then I would be able to charge as much.