mac support_ u r loosing customers

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

hi all,
We didn't choose to be platform dependent.
We just don't have time now to make a mac version. There is only one programmer (me) so we are a bit short on time.

And the solution we chose when we just started building resolume was too platform specific so it's a very big job to convert this all to the mac, i wished i knew back then what i know now.
Anyway we will build software for the mac, that's for sure but it will still take a long while. We are convinced that we miss a big piece of the market when only focusing on the PC. So we know, so please stop asking for a mac version all the time :(

cheers
Edwin

Rincevent
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Rincevent »

May I ask :

What does bart if you are the programmer ?

What is the solution you use that is PC specific ? (I don't want the full code :D just in general, and if you don't want to tell I'll understand)

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

Well we use DirectX (very platform specific) and Resolume is made in Delphi. Delphi is not available for the Mac. So we will have to switch to OpenGl, Quicktime and C++.
So you see that those are very big steps too take.
Anyway, we are on the right track allready, we allready have a simple tool made in C++ using OpengGL and Quicktime.

Cheers
Edwin

Danger
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Danger »

edwin: can't you guys try to make a linux version ? if you use Delphy you can easy pass the code to Kylix.....

the only problem is Directx ..... big problem :P