Scratching. versatile and configurable

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
adriancuervo
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Scratching. versatile and configurable

Post by adriancuervo »

Hi,

First: Great job on updates, actually is, by far, the best and most versatile visuals software, for vjing but for live cinema too. By working a lot, I've found a big lack on scratching fuctionality. I've found that scratching possibilities are so limitated that I had to stop using it. I'll try to explane:

- Mapping a jog is tricky, because you must indicate the steps for the jog for the total lenght of any clip. If you handle a 5 seconds clip a little movement wil turns the clip crazy (superfast), but on a 30 sec. clip the movement is unappreciable (superslow). This point specially make me desestimate this function. ¿Maybe jogs data codification may be the problem?

- It work fine on fordward / backward play, but if you try, for example to do a backspin, the way of recuperation is strange, there's a lack and don't do it natural. The same when quickly going front/back.

- Audio scratching don't work as it is supposed to. Just try the same scratching routine on other audio software, there's a huge difference. When doing real scratch (not just back and front one time) Resolume sounds "strange and unnatural" for any audio scratcher. The problem is -in my opinion- on the acceleration/deceleration.

To take part on solving this problem, I offer myself to test any prototype or beta for Resolume 5 if you are interested in developing it.

Best and keep on with this great job!

Note: Is possible that there is another and better way to midi mapping for scratching. What I have done is:
Jog press: pauses the clip (piano mode)
Jog encoder: Relative 63-65, 1024 steps
¿Any advise?