Output via firewire?

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
VJ Nexus
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Output via firewire?

Post by VJ Nexus »

I want to output my primary video as digital video through a firewire into an hdtv projector. Wondering if this was even possible... Just figured it would be the most lossless output.

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

no resolume can not output through firewire, outputing through firewire gives a smaal delay in the signal, and we do not want that for realtime video ...

VJ Nexus

Post by VJ Nexus »

totally understandable - just a quality dream perhaps. I have problems with horziontal lines scrolling through my video output. Doesn't matter what kind of vid card i use, the problem resides i believe in the fact that the venues i perform in are always very large, with a ceiling mounted projector. My comp outputs s-video, however - s-video "can't" be sent over 25 ft without signal loss. I've pushed this to about 40 ft before. Anyway, I always have to convert this s-video to a single component signal, and send it over coaxial cable to projector (Which is generally over 100 ft away). Every time i convert s-video (tried many different converters and methods on different computers and projectors) I always get these very annoying horizontal lines scrolling up the screen. I try whenever possible to be within s-video cable length of the projector, but often i need to be on stage because i use a usb webcam (cable limited to about 18 ft), so it's not always possible. Just babbling i guess...

mfo

Post by mfo »

Originally posted by bart
no resolume can not output through firewire, outputing through firewire gives a smaal delay in the signal, and we do not want that for realtime video ...
ok, but for recording this is be no problem (e.g. for producing demos, dvd's, recordings live-sets...) this would be no problem. especially if you give the audio the same delay as the video has.

levon

Post by levon »

but resolume doesnt handle the audio stuff, so it would require a seperate program to buffer the audio and delay it.

mfo

Post by mfo »

still not really a problem.
when i make a demo, i have the sound separate. i could add (and delay) it in the "post production" if required.