Can Resolume do clip follow on

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
tangoblu
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Can Resolume do clip follow on

Post by tangoblu »

Can anybody tell me if Resolume can play a clip in slot 1 and when it has finished playing to then automatically play the next clip that is in slot 2 and then slot 3 and so on and on . When slot 20 has played finished then it will either change page or go back to slot 1 of the current page.

I may have an appliation where is need stuff to play by itself for quite a while and then to have some one take over and play live later on in the evening.

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

Hi tangoblu,
no it can't at this moment.
maybe you can try using a midi sequencer

cheers
edwin

tangoblu

Post by tangoblu »

Thanks for the reply so soon...perhaps it would be a good idea for the future to have this feature in resolume..I know you have many feature requests so ill take a number...

Thanks anyway..

keep well

levon
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by levon »

hmmm, i was thinking, flash can play video external videos right? i remember seeing a flash file that would open up every picture in the directory and cycle through them, would it be possible to play videos this way??? who knows, maybe someone who is better at flash could work something out.

7ochem

Post by 7ochem »

It still would be a great idea to do something like a channel followup in a newer version (soon maybe ;) ).
Like Bunniboi was already saying in the topic Ability to queue clips by layer.

It would be great if you could program your channels (clips). That you can say in some king of simple code that channel 1 is playing first, then channel 2, then after 20 frames a switch to channel 'Q', starting from frame 50 to the end. This 'code' could be looking like this then:
play 1;
play 2:0,20;
play Q:50,end;
replay;

Maybe including layers:
play channelQ:50,end on layer2;

I have a programming background, so that would be nice for me and but I think a lot of people are familiar with actionscript. So a coding style like Macromedia actionscripts could do the ting. Or ofcourse a graphical interface. Just drag, drop and click you sequence.

Ofcourse you can always do the midi thing, but if you are absolutely not into that...

[Edited on 22-1-2005 by 7ochem]

tangoblu

Post by tangoblu »

For sure this ability to follow on clips would be a great feature. Might i suggest it be part of the chaos function. This would take resolume a giant step forward.