DXV Single Frames

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Empyfree
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: DXV Single Frames

Post by Empyfree »

Bit of thread necromancy...

Is current thinking still to convert batches of png's to dxv? and does anybody have new and shiny ideas to share?

I've just been sent nearly 200 photos for this weekends wedding, to play "randomly" on the 12m x 3m screen we're installing.

With the photos I can select all, then change the duration (I like 15 seconds, but client may want to change this on the day). With DXV's AME defaults to 5 seconds. I now have to go and set playback speed to 0.33 on all the clips (individually, can't select all to do this) to get my 15 second duration.

If the client wants it faster or slower I have to do maths (ouch) and then adjust every single clip again.

Is there a simple string in the XML I can find/replace to edit this quickly? Or am I missing any other tricks?

Oh, and to add to the fun, because the screen is so wide I'm planning on having three layers, each slice transformed to a different part of the screen (I've got to avoid things like the PA, band etc), so that's around 600 photos...

DHoude
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by DHoude »

Spout has a slide show plugin if you are using windows. Just load your folder and set your duration. Then set Resolume to receive the Spout source. Nothing else you need to do and change the time on the fly.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

I use Apple Photos software when I need to create large slideshows. I find that their options are much more "creative" and fluid than anything I could create on the fly so I drop the photos in a slideshow, pick a style (Vintage Prints is my favorite), choose a duration and render the slideshow, then I re-encode it as a DXV and use it as a a movie in Arena.

Take a look at this sample to get a sense of what it looks like on this dropbox link and please disregard the music!!

Empyfree
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Empyfree »

Both good ideas, cheers. I program on a Mac, but we use Windows machines for shows so I hardly ever consider Spout.

Oaktown, I’ll give your idea a go and see how it looks. How do you cope with the loop/non loop or do you just play through once normally?

Ideally I’d keep it within Arena, I like the flexibility of “Random Autopilot” and being able to cope with the Auntie that doesn’t like a particular photo that keeps appearing, or the best man that turns up with a usb drive full of pics from the stag do...