intuitive MIDI configuration

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
stanleystark
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

intuitive MIDI configuration

Post by stanleystark »

i suggest a different way to configure MIDI while on stage (in case you forgot something. or want to change a knob from one thing to another because of lack of knobs and faders in the hardware MIDI controller)

my sugestion is with right click, for example i right click the video speed control on resolume and i get a list of all my knobs and faders on the hardware and i choose on of them and it is automatically assigned to control (in this example) the video speed.

it would be great to have in preferences a way to customize this list in a way easy for each vjs configuration. for example i have an oxigen and want to be able to quick config MIDI only on the knobs, not on the keys. so that i don't get a really big list of all the keys.
to be able to add the items to this "quick list" by moving the piece on the hardware (or playing the key) or from a list.

I also suggest for this customization a form of sub menus to allow midi configuration for various devices, for example when people have an evolution uc 33 and a doepfer pocket dial in use at the same time.

i would also be great to save this settings in an external file to import to other pcs running resolume and to make it easier at the time of an upgrade.

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

Hi,
yes we will work on a more flexible solution on saving and loading different midi settings.
Especially importing and exporting midi settings is a must.

The other suggestions point to the way Ableton Live is doing there midi-mapping, as you can understand that's a shit load of work. So although it's a nice concept we are not planning to build such a system in the near future. But we will think of better ways of saving your midi settings.

Cheers
Edwin

stanleystark
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by stanleystark »

i don't know if its easier, but maybe instead of such a right mouse click configuration like described above, to start with a way to save midi settings and access them easyly while live... like the new deck tabs. ;)