Alpha and opacity playable

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
seex
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Alpha and opacity playable

Post by seex »

Lately im using the alpha of the effect to mix in the efect, id be nice if that paramater was also playable in the usual ways, same goes for opacity.

It wuld also be nice to have more than four parameters, i know this is dificult design wise but i culd bo with only two efect boxses if they wuld show more parameters.

Are the rumours about midi output true?

Nice work in all, ive started using and learning the 2.0 version only lately, its a great improvement in terms of picture qality, slider sensitivity and works great with PAL resolution. I dig the multiple decks idea.

Good work and all the best in the future

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

support for more effect parameters is one of the most requested features and we are working on a sollution for this and along with that we,ll most probably also make the automation on the opacity slider ...

if enough people are interested in midi out we can build it in yes

seex

Post by seex »

Nice to see you guys are still working on improvements, and that you try to involve users into the development.

so who is for midi output?

seex

Post by seex »

What if you made the efect box scroll you culd have unlimited parameters and not change the layout too much...

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

yes making the effects boxes scroll is one option but i,dl like to make it a bit smarter. i think the effect boxes should grow and/or shrink in size depending on how many parameters the effect has. because if you have 1 effect active with 8 parameters you would otherwise have to scroll to see the bottom 3 parameters while there is plenty of screen real estate available because the other 2 effectboxes are still empty. So when you have 3 effects with loads of parameters active the space needs to be evenly devided. it,s not as easy to get it right ;-)

levon
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by levon »

though that is only the case with people running it in widescreen mode. what will it be like with people not using that, and for the effects for the clips?

also, could you return to the old style/way of the parameter values, rather then the percentage of the parameter? on the kalidascope plugin for example, to get a division of 5, you need to set it to 7 :o

no presure though :P

seex

Post by seex »

No shortcuts, i like the idea with growing boxses!