please to do it!

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Anonymous

please to do it!

Post by Anonymous »

i d like to have an option individually avalaible for each of the 20 channel and for every desk independently.
Its a feature to play resolume really as an instrument without thinking if you have choose the good layer before appply the good channel.You react on the music and what happen on the scene directly.
The idea is to send the channel specially and only on one of the three layer avalaible.Imagine you have a keyboard
( to simplify with 4 octave ), you affect on first octave, the 5 white touch ( begin with C of course ) to channel 1-5, you affect
on the second octave the 5 white touch to channel 6-10 and so on .So if first octave is send only on layer1 which is the background
on the output screen, second octave is send to layer2 as transparency, and third octave on layer 3 as other mode of transparency and
other choice for other octave, I can play really in live and change on the music background and at the same time other layer
on transparency, and all beat and several layer at the same time. Is it clear!!!its for me so evident to have a choice like that!

thanks to react
protools

levon
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by levon »

RTFM

Anonymous

where is the final manual for version 2

Post by Anonymous »

you mean its still avalaible!!!!!!????

Anonymous

MAYBE MORE EXPLICIT

Post by Anonymous »

IN THE MANUAL :
You can overlay up to three layers with resolume. When you switch channels this happens in the active layer. By default the bottom layer is active (as the pink border indicates). Now select the middle layer and then select a clip from the grid of channels. The channel is inserted in the now active middle layer. Use the shortcuts F1, F2 and F3 to quickly select layers.

So i d like to have an option by right click on a channel and get channel properties and this option is " go to layer 1" " go to layer 2" or " go to layer 3" without the need to press F1, F2 or F3 before.

Is it better understandable now!!? dont yoiu think you can reallly " play" like that as an instrument and change at the same time what is in the three layer ! when you play keyboard with two hands i can assure you it will be great !

protools

levon

Post by levon »

what i ment was, only with midi, you can make a key will use clip 1 on layer 2, ie

its under Preferences, midi mapping. then you have the titles active, 1, 2, 3. 1 2 and 3 are the midi notes for each clip for that layer.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

i see what you mean , but so its not specially for a deck, its a general preference, and maybe not really usefull, maybe you can imagine that you have deck with 10 movie for background on layer 1 and on anotherv deck need just 5 so should be more usefull to assign in each deck all channel on a layer

levon

Post by levon »

but there are not 12*25*3 (900) midi keys, so how do you think it would be posible to assign each clip a key?

Anonymous

its not that

Post by Anonymous »

hi levon ,
i think you dont understand what i mean! you have 20 channel for a deck so you assign the 20 channel to 20 touch of the keyboard with midi preference.Thats always the same key for the same channel. BUT for each deck , when you right click on one of the 20 channel and access to the properties of that channel, you should have an option to send automatically THAT channel on layer 1, or 2 or 3, that s all !

levon

Post by levon »

i see what your saying now, but cant you just press F1,F2 or F3 (to select the layer) first? i cant see that setting each clip would be easier then that way.

Anonymous

is it so hard to add !!

Post by Anonymous »

hi
i discover in the chaos mode when you right click something interesting.Its exactly what i need , to have that choice BUT in manual mode and different assignement for each deck. So i suppose its easy to add that because its very close to the chaos mode.
can you answer dear developper!!