entire setup change (bad title)

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
levon
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

entire setup change (bad title)

Post by levon »

i was thinking, with being able to have 3 seperate outputs if you have 2 videocards, it would be cool if you could set up some way of all 3 clips changing at once or all 3 effects tabs change at once. i havent realy though the idea out fully, so what im saying might not make sense

sort of a way to save the current setup of the entire of resolume at that point. i guess you could call them scenes.
so you could have the verse of a song saved as one scene, then the chorus as another scene, and when you want to change between them, you only have to press 1 button to change the 3 layers, and the 3 effects slots, and any of the fader levels and the blend types and audio settings etc.
im guessing that the current resolume interface wouldnt suit this new mode, without some masive UI re-design. but just an idea i had.

one way i though you could 'hack' it, would be to use midiox, and i think you could make so one key on your keyboard sends a few midi signals, and another key does another one etc. but currently effects will only get assigned to the current effect slot, not any of the 3, which is the case with each clip.

anyway, just some incoherent ramblings

,levon

DAS BEN
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by DAS BEN »

if you press ctrl+ the shortcut for the effect on your keyboard the effect is send directly to the active layer itself, and without ctrl to the active effectslot.

greetings das ben

levon
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by levon »

did you even read my entire topic????? i know you can set effects to active layers and that with the computer Keyboard, i said it wasnt possible with midi.

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

for now i do not see a way to trigger three clips at 1ce without indeed a big interface redesign, a redesign is not what we want to do now, people love resolume for its interface and a redesign does not necessarily make it better, just different.