processing on two computers

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
emkart
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

processing on two computers

Post by emkart »

I don't know if it is possible, but I know it is possible to use resolume with 2 computers. Is it also possible to only use one computer to work on and do the processing on 2 computers in 1 network.
For example, calculations of teh effects or one of the movie layers processed on an other computer?

Using Logic Pro on my powerbook ( I know, it is music, it ain't video), when I run out of cpu, I can hook my powerbook up to my powermac, and then point out some channels in my sequencer, they will be processed by the powermac while I am still working on my powerbook.

MtB

Post by MtB »

i suppose, paralel computing in video is not quite possible at the moment due to some hardware restrictions... also, architecture of pc computers also uses cpu process for handling network based operations...
and as resolume and such a kind of systems are real time based systems, setting up an paralel processing system is quite hard I suppose...

but,
here is what I am planning to do;

I am planning to install resolume to a dual xeon based computer with sata raid and 2 new generation pci-x graphic card working together with 4gigs of ram (no I am not planning to buy the system though it is a friends 3d workstation)
and I am planning to test to process and output the video in pal with pal video clips...

I am wondering how resolume uses the graphic card. new generation consumer cards directly supporting native opengl 1.5 and directx... also, you can setup dual gfx card working together, to acceptable prices...

think about setting up a system like this in your home to something arround $5000 and create content, realtime and uncompressed...

how resolume uses graphic hardware? are there any tech references?

if using a expensive dual pci-x graphic card connected with sli, will the performance dramaticaly change?

bert?

bw.

t.

emkart

Post by emkart »

I already thought it would be hard, but it was worth giving it a try, it's just that I want to work with one sequencer, I'll see what I can do :cool: