Individual Selection of "Update clip panel on external triggers"

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
sachismo
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Individual Selection of "Update clip panel on external triggers"

Post by sachismo »

Hello All,

I'll start out with a brief explantation of my usage and why I would love this feature..

I run Arena with a combination of midi triggers, including my main controllers at FOH and various midi triggers from stage. I need to be able to have my midi pads update the clip panels to be able to automatically highlight dashboard controls etc.. But I also want to be able to have, say, a short clip being triggered repetitively by a percussion sample on stage that does not highlight that clip every time it is re-triggered.. (making it so that I can't edit other clips)

Currently I have to go into preferences multiple times throughout the show and select/deselect the "Update clip panel on external triggers" button. This is obviously not ideal.

I see 2 fairly easy solutions for this:

1. Add a "update clip panel" toggle setting on individual midi/osc devices
2. Add a "disable update clip panel" setting on individual clips

I would personally prefer the first option as you would only have to set it once for each device.

Hopefully this would be a relatively easy thing to implement, and would greatly improve my Resolume workflow. If anyone else would appreciate this feature, or if there is a way around it that I may have overlooked.. please chime in!

Thanks!

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Individual Selection of "Update clip panel on external triggers"

Post by Zoltán »

you could map your clip launch midi command to the clip preview too, so this way cou could have "update cilip on extenal trig" disabed.

the clip preview is the area below the thumbnail with the clip name.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

sachismo
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Individual Selection of "Update clip panel on external triggers"

Post by sachismo »

Thanks for the reply. This is a great tip that would work perfect in many instances.

Unfortunately a lot of what I do live is based on triggering whole columns, where I use the function of Resolume automatically selecting the triggered clip in the corresponding selected layer. The layer I want to adjust clips in constantly changes throughout a set, so I don't want to have to lose that automatic functionality.. I don't think the double mapping could work in this same way.

Let me know if there's something I may have missed or you have any other ideas!