SPOUT in ALLEY

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Electroguepard
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

SPOUT in ALLEY

Post by Electroguepard »

To have SPOUT in Alley player so we can send to Resolume shitty compressed videos or long clips without having to convert to dxv, Like this presentations of 10 minutes from companies events...

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: SPOUT in ALLEY

Post by He2neg »

For this i use:

VLC media Player and NDI Tools....

No need for Alley and it works fine...
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

+1 For Spout in Alley. Much less latency than NDI ;)

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Alley and Resolume use exactly the same playback engine. If you can play it in Alley, you can play it in Resolume.

najrock
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by najrock »

Joris wrote:Alley and Resolume use exactly the same playback engine. If you can play it in Alley, you can play it in Resolume.
but you wouldnt want to populate your resolume session with non-DXV files would you? I was under the impression that multiple media formats is sometimes responsible for annoying quirks or has that changed?

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

but you wouldnt want to populate your resolume session with non-DXV files would you? I was under the impression that multiple media formats is sometimes responsible for annoying quirks or has that changed?
Resolume 6 is much more forgiving than 5 ever was so non-DXV files seem to work fine. I still re-encode to DXV3 whenever possible but I haven't had any major issues except with H.264 files (but that's expected!)

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

Oaktown wrote:.....
Resolume 6 is much more forgiving than 5 ever was so non-DXV files seem to work fine. I still re-encode to DXV3 whenever possible but I haven't had any major issues except with H.264 files (but that's expected!)
Wait...
So you got trouble with h264 files? This Codec is so default on many other show playback Softwares....

What is the normal Stuff you dont have problem with. So what do i tell the coustomers what i need when they want to deliver / render just in time and cant do dxv?
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

He2neg wrote:
Oaktown wrote:.....
Wait...
So you got trouble with h264 files? This Codec is so default on many other show playback Softwares....

What is the normal Stuff you dont have problem with. So what do i tell the coustomers what i need when they want to deliver / render just in time and cant do dxv?
short clips are ok with me, but I had an artist bring me a 90min clip and it played like crap. I just ran it through VLC>NDI and it all worked out. I'm not going to waste my time and SSD space for an opening act's crap video file in 480i stolen from youtube lol.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Same as Arvol, I find that i have more problems with long H.264 files. Also I've noticed that the H.264 codec in a QuickTime container works better than the H.264 codec in a H.264 container.

So far, I have had good luck with ProRes 422 and 4444, HVEC and Hap.

My recommendation is to create a AME Watch Folder with a preset to DXV3 and have a shortcut to it in Resolume. That way you can drop anything and be ready in mere moments.

Empyfree
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Empyfree »

I just had the opposite experience and was left wishing the client had brought H264 files. Recent charity auction and the “slides” were given to me an hour before the doors opened to the public. Ten auction lots, ten nicely edited HD prores 422 files! Two windows based Resolume machines... no Prores support any more (thanks apple).

It was a race between getting my personal MacBook set up and converting to DXV!

H264 seems to be the consumer “I’ve got a a VT to play” file of choice
Prores seems to be the professional option