SPOUT in ALLEY

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
najrock
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: SPOUT in ALLEY

Post by najrock »

+1 for prores

H.264 is the devil... there are just too many ways the content creator can add keyframes that will confuse your playback software... sure there are ways to avoid this and I have done shows with this codec but I hate it. Corporate is like a sea of H.264 files and it mind boggling the settings some people think are ok even after you send them the delivery format :shock:

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

najrock wrote:Corporate is like a sea of H.264 files and it mind boggling the settings some people think are ok even after you send them the delivery format :shock:
My "favourite" is getting wmv and ppt files when specifically asking for h264 or mp4, because the show is run on a MAC.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

Zoltán wrote:
najrock wrote:Corporate is like a sea of H.264 files and it mind boggling the settings some people think are ok even after you send them the delivery format :shock:
My "favourite" is getting wmv and ppt files when specifically asking for h264 or mp4, because the show is run on a MAC.
wmv ftw! :lol:

trekfan42
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by trekfan42 »

I too have pretty much entirely started relying on NDI and VLC to handle last minute videos. even long files this has been the way to go.

I am excited to see what improvements NDI 3.5 brings to the performance.

I think there is a case to be made for adding spout to Alley for the simple aspect of a simplified video que list as opposed to having a long row of videos, also if you could do key mapping to alley as well as resolume at the same time that would be helpful, but to each their own.
If Alley playback engine doesnt have any wider codec support or stability for larger files, then it might not make sense to add spout.
but it would be nice to use all in-house software as well.

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

najrock wrote:+1 for prores

H.264 is the devil... there are just too many ways the content creator can add keyframes that will confuse your playback software... sure there are ways to avoid this and I have done shows with this codec but I hate it. Corporate is like a sea of H.264 files and it mind boggling the settings some people think are ok even after you send them the delivery format :shock:

I too would love pro res since all my animators deliver in 4444.

najrock
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by najrock »

quad 4 is aggressive! Is it a significant difference on your LED than 4222? i guess it could be for gradients and such if your running 4mil or better