Wishes and Bugs V2

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
movebandit
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Wishes and Bugs V2

Post by movebandit »

Hello,
it took a long time to answer, but here it is:
Zoltán wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 18:52 -input/ slice mask - In the Presets menu : Export to SVG
Thats not what i meant. I´d like to have the possibility to set Masks not only for the main output, but for single slices, even in the Input.
Zoltán wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 18:52 -trigger cue points via bpm - do you mean beat snapping for the cue point triggers?
Yes, some kind of beat snapping. For example: Long video File, 4 Cuepoints are set. On every Beat the next cuepoint starts with the clip playing at original set speed.
Zoltán wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 18:52 -all shapes as slice like for masks - please elaborate ;)
It would make things a lot easier if there would be more shapes for slices available. I´m really missing circles,Penta-,Hexa-,Septa-,Oktagone etc. When working with quadratic slices and masking the output with circles for example, theres often an overlap with neighboured slices and the circle mask. So i normally draw circles as polygons....thats too much work for a simple geometric form like a circle...
Zoltán wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 18:52 -feather masks for soft edges - Soft edges are already feather masks, how would you use this exactly?
Like Elby already wrote: It would be a handy thing to use masks that have soft edges. Not for soft edging several projektions, but just to mask a (outer) border of the projektion without a hard cutting line, but a soft edge to black.
Zoltán wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 18:52 -set an anchor point in clip for transformation and general anchor in composition for effects - how would you use this?
Just as an Example: When i set up an composition, the middle point of all effects is exactly in the middle of the composition. But often the "real" projected midpoint isn´t. When using effects with a midpoint (let´s say for example an fisheye) its not possible to set the Midpoint / Anchor of the effect to another point than the exact middle of the clip / Composition. A Composition Anchor would set all midpoints of the effects to the desired points..

Hope my notes to this old thread helps....

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Thanks!
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Film35HD

Post by Film35HD »

It is always hard for programmers to decide if they should roll out smaller fixes/features faster, in increments (.dot releases), or hold them back until major changes can be implemented in one swoop in a major version number upgrade. It all depends on resources and timing.

The last update to Arena is going on 2 months.

On this summary list, I saw "lock slices" on Advanced Output, but no mention of my repeated request to have an option to KEEP THE ADVANCED OUTPUT ON THE SCREEN AT ALL TIMES, (Mac Version) – instead of having it vanish if you click down on the Desktop or ANY other program that is running. This feature suggestion got (9)-up-votes, and, it is relatively simple to implement that would not interfere with any other part of the program, since even when it vanishes, it appears to always be running in the background, anyway.

It would be worth to have a small .point release just with that one or two other features added while we wait for more complex fixes/features to be made.

Thank you, as always!

Thank you,
From Hollywood, CA
NBCUniversal Studios; Stage 1

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Film35HD wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 21:40 It is always hard for programmers to decide if they should roll out smaller fixes/features faster, in increments (.dot releases), or hold them back until major changes can be implemented in one swoop in a major version number upgrade. It all depends on resources and timing.
Indeed, resources mostly. The great thing with the current licensing system is that we don't need to wait and hold back new features for major versions to release ;)
Sometimes things just take longer.
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

Film35HD

Post by Film35HD »

Zoltán wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 13:32
Film35HD wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 21:40 It is always hard for programmers to decide if they should roll out smaller fixes/features faster, in increments (.dot releases), or hold them back until major changes can be implemented in one swoop in a major version number upgrade. It all depends on resources and timing.
Indeed, resources mostly. The great thing with the current licensing system is that we don't need to wait and hold back new features for major versions to release ;)
Sometimes things just take longer.
What can really help a lot is a typical "ROADMAP" of the things coming-up in the next release, and what is the ETA for such. Simpler feature requests could be highlighted for the next 30~60 days; more difficult ones for the next 90~180 days.

Right now, for us, what is really holding us back from fully using Arena is that the ADV OUTPUT screen keeps disappearing and there could be a highly visible countdown of the clip/layer's TIME REMAINING.

We're holding out hope that these two, relatively simple features can be added next.

Thank you,

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Film35HD wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 09:55 Right now, for us, what is really holding us back from fully using Arena is that the ADV OUTPUT screen keeps disappearing...
I think this was actually a requested change on the forums a while back.

Film35HD

Post by Film35HD »

Thank you, Zoltan. With each passing day, I am hopeful the announcement will come and this 'simple' feature is added!

Best to your family!

mfo
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by mfo »

Zoltán wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 09:29
elby wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 21:27 Works well indeed, but can add a lots of slice if I want to soft edge, for example, an installation with 75 slices ;).
Hence the word "abuse" ;)

The Vignette effect and pre-made feathered black and white pngs in combination with the Mask effect have served me quite good for this. But I agree, it would be great to have a tool built in to do this on the fly.
Exactly! This has been requested many times over may years and makes a lot of sense.
I was about to open yet another thread for it, but will bounce this one instead.

Please add FEATHER / SOFTNESS for masks (for polygons and slice ideally too)!

(I read about it being Ticket #2835, but that was 4 years back ...)

deflost

Post by deflost »

+1
westfernsehen, leipzig

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

You can build the slice feather in Wire quite easily, shape render has Antialiasing which can be used to father the edge.

--begin-wire-patch--
1586.3oc6Ys0iaZDE9uRDO6AM2urugA6pJ0nV0z2R1GXA10nfAK.2jzn8+dOCXiwqAec2z9P1UxWF+MyYly46ba36NQE44IQ0oE4UN28wu67XYwR3ChINEqqWst149IN0EvHrINUYoQIN2+7jNXxgfUm7Uzxh38QpO.oYhSZdy.8fY1BC2giOwILuNMLKMrJM+o8fyODNAuYcw6gjcDjj8Pd3QGjR0hvUm5nSfgpRxZ0l6gknGP5lA2mjAUoKCqSJAUvI1AT7X6.6u7xs61iOcOjpAOWCnmHCXq5fhOIT5vZe0fGpgVS7.q4NJELTNvAAR82cHX6qg00koOrttcrGyJ9h885uA106Z+5Dm+NLas8qUoOkCZ6m2JYTb5xj7pVujtI0avto9w62NIx0LI5ENopz+IoGt70KeHobGFF.w9S3dXZda2QE7VqWWlPic1fkbAXomEV.7CEqyiaNQKRReZQsycDL3n8kz35EvmMvm+pcLBwUSTFCiH4XIEF9avvDgqwnjBLgK4ZNSIfkLJKrpYESiAwoTRihJEHObfFwoFOjmPnQRyTegN.GvoB6tKozpFctC2rBEQeFl6emFmT.+XTQVQokL.+ICw3lgxqpgvOsBpkE16H2cF6N24qyx5X.mOT5Y.EvtHMNNI2Z6A5c3RK52uNqNcU12rlDh7VH51CZTR0QnSjm6EeA0BZL6eZdcxSvjOMIktgLc8bIM8.pDWyb0ZIwXLBBQQzpMbIrxkQ0FCWIvVNEPxFmLIAfHtmwGoodSQFtQQjXFiyw++jLsK5+NzasDcXwiPk9EHKSCMR+VSiFzJJzGFPPQcoZHd.mo4sFqFqHhicEVqJgYNYDAMlIP7GCe.EJ0ZjfxX5H4CbEW+paDA8RXMuWPZxjl+ueDUtei.r5byg57GRqiSVY0GcqezhBaMX6z7+QXczh2MMs9cAMPuoTV3S3Su4zAvKSpJxV+Bh1HatOXc+sbyvkqxrUvcjY7ao4Igki3lyvG5lSjtLq4uiVnvbNgyjJoRnzji4c6w8lg3j4dHMjuAo8wABNjtPLU81SLvSr+OJw3uZcws5M5gLiavKqerRFs0KiI4tbiVJTT5NmLHloKWKXFE3vnkMwPGWYNc1LODOfoQ5YyDH7rodb+oAXuYydUTlWcBxMZx286vZX0l3elibiyiBhtJ3FnnKJCykaSQRwP0VFCUInXk..yHzelhb+TjrWsn0aas6BiW2zf8Qjj2ZninqMPssO+KX+vu+7obTkqACTFoPSw.wZCkqITyt3OiS2lom4i3yI.SCS7P9ym6STPXmo3aNlcWS16NtcCMPB8s2GxNzseeGTKgax9uXmV28ibD9GcD92Grh3c+YRdbaXC9g7vMWVh8tR.aX4Ab8CL9+Ztck9wReuJZo8NXdqnkZWJ1PvRNWzwJIFlKUHjPvwtFROByziJQbUfDYzBOzTdfHvmQ3SmuGyjbELy8t+qWTSwtCLum43rJIc60ZsC6pxhnj30k6w3GjFOB8ztd8nmhqqzE9YT5BtwvAVHlBRRoTXbalpMlNovkAIgHFn4AcaxswMcIRxiHNMBifBFCQ33nPLOQwgPQu10tbVwH5qb2diV6GBvpb+Azrewp5W3oYyq1aIeeX0m+T97zZ6KYYeJ+C0kIfS6mZhorY5nhGerJo9HxBeyFbpT0XvYBrPKLGsgPQXLCwCgtBMrXq0+wDQDkCE7fesM2mnvhCMtQgMsHAfTuck8uQURcMJEGaXRpxPMcE.JoMpRJSR3B7oJ.bJ0ih39Dn.PetOhZHh.k12WOy7eQg+GnR2V+eaZta3pMVDVgVF90dPennnWfx5x0IagkleJXmqK39RbPD6Irax0hXLJMiQE8cs.eIWLkdNMAFPsW0hmDR+IkDDF5HXlP3qnym+ZyEdQxOrq33zf4Ig0KZyJYtdNf8gOXIAWX4NcS6LtekchIM+pDSZ94JlFcz0bQQmq.p9bxWtzmngcJm4xWWbE1hMS5BDwEaG1LoyRDC+vQD7CpQkoXsY5Trwc.g11CPbLmCciG3C9iyvALbvbk9luElsb3w8AI8nfGwScKI53Pr7fi6tu0TNNJFF2YMNlzF4IqDtpw7X6UYcYaj5me9eArEQS+D
--end-wire-patch--