autofill on/off for masks

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Grimm90
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

autofill on/off for masks

Post by Grimm90 »

I often map objects or 2D artworks by taking a picture.
I edit & resize the picture, to be on the same size of my composition, lets say full hd.

Then i play this image clip , and most often in my comps i use.png masks dropped on top of layers or groups.
This allows me to contain the effects within the original image boundaries, otherwise for example, recolour would colorize also all the alpha in it's input.

It's also convinient as the files i exported from photoshop , can be used as content or as masks.
Also everything will line up perfectly mapping wise , as the source content and the masks are created from the same files.

When i have a composition lets say 2x full HD projectors , not blended.

In Resolume i will make my composition 3840x1080, make one group for the projector on the left -960 , another for the projector right +960. This is the right way i believe, better than layer/group to slice routing..

If i now take my 1920x1080 png image i am playing as content, and use this file as .png mask on this group , the file will be stretched to fill Resolumes composition, making the mask useless.

My way to deal with this is to create new files in photoshop on the size of the comp, with the mask data on the right spot compared to my resolume comp.

My request is to have a option checkbox on masks, to stop them from beeing resized or stretched.
Thanks !

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: autofill on/off for masks

Post by Zoltán »

The masks in Resolume are stretched to the dimensions of the object you place them on. If you resize your composition the layers and groups follow this automatically. Unless you set a custom resolution for them.
Try setting the group sizes to 1980x1080 in the composition panel and move the mask before Group Transform.

If you're using Arena 6 or 7, Slice transform could also help you sizing and positioning your content.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Grimm90
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: autofill on/off for masks

Post by Grimm90 »

O-m-g ok this is news :D ! This solves more of my issues , for example when you use a radar effect on a wide group like that , but the middle point of your radar is the centre of your comp, not necessarily your content.
Slice transform isn't the solution here, generally i only have one slice per output,
Thanks !