Native Exporting of Effect/Source clips?

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
anthny.jacobs
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Native Exporting of Effect/Source clips?

Post by anthny.jacobs »

I'd really like to be able to export individual effect and source clips as files or presets within Resolume.

I have what seems like a pretty uncommon way of using effects. I'm running 4/8 FX layers, placed above the content layers in the composition. The FX clips are created by dragging various and MULTIPLE effects and sources onto blank clip slots, mostly set to piano mode.

I'm looking to find a way to export/save these individual clips, *separate from the composition file itself*, in order to send to a friend to use within their individual comp. "Show in Explorer" does nothing, and nowhere in the resolume folders have I found anything resembling a clip file. Definitely would be fine saving the effects as presets IF res allowed you to save group of presets, but I'm not trying to separate them into individual preset files every time.

The ONE thing I've found as a solution is to copy an effect clip, then paste into Notepad and save that file, then copy/paste into a new composition. If there's a cleaner way to do it, I'd love that. Alternatively, that would be an amazing feature for the Res team to implement.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Native Exporting of Effect/Source clips?

Post by Zoltán »

+1

Copying the clip to the clipboard, and sharing it in text form would be the way meanwhile.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu