How about an audio EQ?

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
FractalMan
Is taking Resolume on a second date

How about an audio EQ?

Post by FractalMan »

An audio EQ would be helpful in several ways. If we could keyframe it (envelope?) we could emphasize frequencies for audio reactive bliss.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: How about an audio EQ?

Post by Zoltán »

Would you like to have Audio EQ for tweaking audio FFT input?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

FractalMan
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by FractalMan »

I'm most interested in composition FFT. The idea being, if I can lower say 3 or 4 bands of a 5 band EQ then I could really enhance the remaining frequency band. It's easy to do stuff with the bass, but the remaining bandwidth has so much bleed over that everything gets mushy visually. We could really pull up the treble and midrange linked visuals if we could lower the bass. The more bands the better. And the larger the visual spectrum the better. It's hard to work with that tiny little spectrum window.

This would also act as a shelf (floor), or cutoff frequency. This would give you an adjustable floor so you could simply clip everything below an adjustable threshold.

And while you're at it, if each of those bands had a specific volume control (each line acts as a slider) we would have precise control over each segment (line) of the bandwidth.

There's room on the palate to make the spectrum twice as wide and have at least twice the amount of frequency line divisions. More is better. Taller is better (more room for linear adjustments in spectrum).

Needs to be linked to envelope or timeline so we can record or keyframe adjustments.

We also need a larger visual spectrum, please. Colorful a plus.

This is an elegant solution to several issues.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Thanks for explaining!
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu