OSC and Envelopes

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
VJ_Lazershaft
Is taking Resolume on a second date

OSC and Envelopes

Post by VJ_Lazershaft »

Perhaps I've set things up wrong but it seems to me that when you output OSC of a parameter, then apply an envelope to that parameter - that envelope doesn't carry across, so all you get is the linear ramp from 0-1 on the value you are outputting.

My setup is with Notch, in Resolume I'm using a plugin called LabelParams from subpixel.com - for those who don't know it, it is just an empty effect where you can define you're own slider names and min/max values etc.

So an instance of this is running in Resolume, and in Notch I am listening to the OSC channel, manual test works just fine. When I take this test slider and set it to BPM syn the OSC responds at the default value, but when I add an envelope in Resolume, that value change isn't carried across via OSC.

If there is a fix for this I would love to know as it would really open up a lot of flexibility between the 2 apps

Note: Tried this with native FX in resolume just in case it was the plugin although unlikely, and got the same results

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: OSC and Envelopes

Post by Zoltán »

OSC output for parameters, is the actual parameter phase.
When you enable an envelope you still only get the phase, not the actual value.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

VJ_Lazershaft
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by VJ_Lazershaft »

Okay, that's a pity -thanks for clarifying.

Potential feature request though? :D

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

moved to feature requests ;)
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu