Re licensing system Annoyance

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
RVBVideo
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re licensing system Annoyance

Post by RVBVideo »

Hi all,

hope you're good.

thought this a few times and spoke to a few people who also thought this was a good idea. Maybe is already implemented and i don't know about it. Maybe its just a crap idea....

I'm constantly swapping licenses between laptops between different jobs. every time i forget to activate a license before I'm on site . Would it be possible to add a hyperlink straight to the Resolume log in page from the Registration page in preferences. i love being lazy and not needing to open up a browser and search for it. Could have a link to the purchase page as well if people running the demo want to buy it. Maybe even a hotkey you press when looking at the registration page.

Hope you like it!

Rob

bart
Team Resolume

Re: Re licensing system Annoyance

Post by bart »

There is a link to the shop on the Registration tab when you're not registered, that opens the resolume site and then it's just one more click and you're into your account. I hope hat helps?

Actually if you find yourself registering and unregistering often then it's probably more convenient to put your license on our USB dongle? https://resolume.com/shop/dongle.php
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-11-20 at 08.57.15.png

RVBVideo
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Re licensing system Annoyance

Post by RVBVideo »

Hi,

Thanks for replying. Oh you right! Maybe it's because when I transfer a license from the pc to another I dont open the original PCs resolume within the 30 days so it prompts me with a different message.

Plus when I do this I'm normally not connected to the internet as I've just arrived in site so it still thinks I'm registered but expired.

When I come across it again I'll feedback. Thanks for the help!