blocks/groups in Advanced Output

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Godzil
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: blocks/groups in Advanced Output

Post by Godzil »

Arvol wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 19:11
hi Arvol, can i ask u a question - how would u copy few times that hexagon and it's outlines using Slices transform?

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

You already have it selected, so Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V

Godzil

Post by Godzil »

Arvol wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 06:00 You already have it selected, so Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V
:lol: that's not what i asked

Godzil

Post by Godzil »

i have that setup made from 9 shapes (7 slices each). next i need to fit each shape to the surface. that means for moving and scaling 1 shape i have to select 7 slices and select them again and again for each further correction. that is a total mess.

my point is if 7 slices would be locked in 1 block/group the correction would be much easier.

is my request clear? can i make that using slices transform for instead?

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

Godzil wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 08:08 i have that setup made from 9 shapes (7 slices each). next i need to fit each shape to the surface. that means for moving and scaling 1 shape i have to select 7 slices and select them again and again for each further correction. that is a total mess.

is my request clear? can i make that using slices transform for instead?
No Slice Transform is not doing the actual mapping for you ;) SliceTF is just a tool to have quick changes on the input mapping side...

If you need multiple slices for one objekt then indeed you are asking the right thing ( to goup slices in the Advanced Output (output mapping)
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

Godzil

Post by Godzil »

He2neg wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 09:41
thanks for understanding

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

I would make the 7 or so copies in Advanced Output just like you have done. With each look as it's own virtual screen, then in Slice Transform I would cycle the looks (Screens).

You're doing it right, making your looks and mapping them in Advanced Output. I would just do each look as it's own screen, then add these screens into Slice Transform and use a rotary knob to cycle between them (how I have been cycling between looks for a year or so).
Unless I'm missing something here?

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

Arvol wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 16:41 I would make the 7 or so copies in Advanced Output just like you have done. With each look as it's own virtual screen, then in Slice Transform I would cycle the looks (Screens).

You're doing it right, making your looks and mapping them in Advanced Output. I would just do each look as it's own screen, then add these screens into Slice Transform and use a rotary knob to cycle between them (how I have been cycling between looks for a year or so).
Unless I'm missing something here?
Yes all correct... The thing i think you are missing is he wanted to speed up his mapping ;) After the mapping is done the way you do the slice grouping with dummy screens is nice.

But dont solve the problem he have... He prepared multiple slices to match the shape, then he uses this multiple slices at once to move, zoom, disort till this (group) of slices is at the place they need to be. And now he allways need to select all the slices again if he drop the focus, thats all.... Its a small problem, but i see that this cost some time
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

Welcome to advanced mapping 101. It takes time (If you want it done right). I wish there was ways to speed things up, but I'm not sure of anyway to really do it.

Joris has a tool called StageFlow that has saved me many hours on festival sites, maybe that can help as well?
https://hybridvisuals.nl/stageflow/

Godzil

Post by Godzil »

it's not a small problem for me. i'm vjing on small open-air underground parties with almost no possibilities for previous preparations. all projection mapping and setups i'm actually doing on site. in very short times. the corrections i'm making while people are on the dancefloor. so, the fast and easy Advanced Setup is extremely important tool in my work.

i hope that resolume guys are reading this topic and will take my suggestion in consideration. doesn't seem like a big deal to make it.