resolume new version ? when ?

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
cznickesz
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: resolume new version ? when ?

Post by cznickesz »

Well, I do know, that there are enough Vjs out there who do use your footage and it sure is a good way to get in some extra money to get the things done.

It´s just that i wished, there would have been a version 2.42, 2.5 or such to let us all stay calm (or at least get rid of the 2.41- bugs) while waiting for the desperately anticipated Resolume 3 (which will be a new Full Version we will then have to pay for again btw.).

Reso still is the unrivaled VJ Tool #1 in Win/ Pc - Universe in my opinion and it was way hard to switch to some other tool, as i used it for about 4 or five years. And there still are some features, that nearly no other App is capable of, but pleeeeaaassse... could you at last tell us, when we could start dreaming of something like a first betaversion or such?

cheers, c

vj exoart

Post by vj exoart »

or some beta that runs with vista because the user like me who uses resolume for a long time needs to do live performing, i have lots of live performings in my VJ life, and sometimes resolumes crashes and that suks dude... we need some upgrade that works in vista...

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by VJair »

personaly ive not had any problems running resolume in vista any of the times ive used it on a Vista based machine or with the 2.41 version of resolume on XP or Vista.

i *think* i know one of the programmers helping to work on Resolume ( if i didnt missunderstand what was said to me ) .... if it is who i think, then rest assured, he knows what hes up to, and whilst it may take some time, im sure it will be worth the wait.

vj exoart

Post by vj exoart »

but in mu lapod its a asus G1 and it crasches.... sometimes... in live perfoming that suks relaly dude

Danger
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Danger »

i don't know what is the problem with resolume 2.4.1..... i make "sets" of 6-8 hours without a crash

about the Vista why do you guys use vista !? most of us (i think) have a clean laptop (operating system and resolume) just vjing or a clean partition so why not use XP if you guys have problems with vista

gdlt
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by gdlt »

I use vista ,also without any problems. zero crashes @ more then 50 gigs, only sometimes problems when closing down. Oh and another little problem when you press ctrl+alt+delete in vista, vista switches of the second monitor causing resolume to crash.

Why i use vista?
-it came with my laptop
-i use other programs too and i'm not gonna downgrade just because of resolume
-don't want to spend extra money for a xp license
-don't like dual boot or that kind of solutions just want one interface where i can use all my programs

cznickesz

Post by cznickesz »

I personally have no real Experience about Resolume and Vista. The lappy i use is XP based and therefor this ain´t the problem.
about the Vista why do you guys use vista !? most of us (i think) have a clean laptop (operating system and resolume) just vjing or a clean partition so why not use XP if you guys have problems with vista
Danger u seem to be a lucky man, but i guess not everyone in here has a laptop with the only purpose being a Vj Tool, as this isn´t really affordable, especially when it comes to comparison with the money you make (or should say "do NOT make"?) with vjing.

And by the way: i can´t remember using 2.4.1 for longer than an hour without finally hanging up and forcing a restart (reso or sometimes even Win) on any computers i or one of my friends use. it even took me some time to get it up and running anyway.

all reso- using vjs i know (and i know quite a bunch :-) ) are still using the rock solid 2.3 or version 2.4 beta or went back to those after some major issues.
Why i use vista?
-it came with my laptop
-i use other programs too and i'm not gonna downgrade just because of resolume
-don't want to spend extra money for a xp license
-don't like dual boot or that kind of solutions just want one interface where i can use all my programs
nuff said :)

however, it´s not about what is the problem with 2.4.1 but about waiting for 10 month without any (even minor) updates, which in my opinion is no real good version- policy, as it isn´t to then bring out a major update to a not so good running version which you actually have to buy again.

just my opinion and i´m sure i will buy reso 3, when it comes out next year, anyhow. ;)

but for now it´s complaining time and i still shout out loud:

I WANT MY 2.5 !!!

And I wish I knew if it´s weeks, month or even years we are talking about, when it comes to version 3.

nwonknu

Post by nwonknu »

Whell I also use laptop as a primary computer and as a VJig computer.
On Xp however, and never had any problems with 2.41, 2.3 was a more problematic for me.
So I'm totally satisfied with this version.
Also expecting 2.5 will be silly, because people are working hard on R3, and don't have time for developing 'old' version of resolume, which is in my experience very stable.
(I'm running it on core2duo 2.0, 2gb, x1600)
Damn sure I'll buy it first day it comes out. But it think that everybody will be happy if you just say aprox. when will it be out. Come on guys that's not a problem :ugeek:

vj exoart

Post by vj exoart »

i cant install xp on my lapod because dont have the drives of my HD, its made only for vista because its te faster one, its a bull sheet but its true... in other way, if you have a solution for resolume dont break please tell me...

nwonknu

Post by nwonknu »

First time that I've heard that :shock: