DVJs& resolume

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
gloreg
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

DVJs& resolume

Post by gloreg »

would be possible to have resolume to read dvd???? so that expensive pioneer DVJs are not necessary? this would be a great update but possible?

Basic
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by Basic »

not sure but another solution could be...

video mixer with DVD players, this would mean you wouldnt have scratching etc like DVJ's but it could be a solution.

:)

DayVeeJay
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by DayVeeJay »

you could always convert and chop up your dvd's to a more usable format.

ROdrigueZ
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by ROdrigueZ »

But would you like to Use the Pionners for the video only or full a full performance featuring audio and video?

Myself I believe that in a near future audio will be a valid add-on for resolume

( Since most of us do not have the money for the DVJ's and the Mixer pioneer is releasing this year with video capability... 2 player and 1 mixer around 11000 eur... )

messhead
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by messhead »

Cant you just use a virtual CD Device (daemon tools/Alchol 120%/Magic Disc) and mount the dvd from an image? That way theres only your computer that can slow things down?

Or have i mkssed the point here?

gloreg

Post by gloreg »

the point is that i would like to have it more direct and avoid ripping for quality sake! immagine a resolume that can read and scratch dvd!! the real future! audio is not an issue i believe djing and vjing are different jobs..of course good friends..hehe

ROdrigueZ

Post by ROdrigueZ »

Originally posted by gloreg
the point is that i would like to have it more direct and avoid ripping for quality sake! immagine a resolume that can read and scratch dvd!! the real future! audio is not an issue i believe djing and vjing are different jobs..of course good friends..hehe

Valid point ... couldn't they be connect to resolume just like any other capture device?

gdlt
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by gdlt »

yes you can but then you can't scratch, play backward, etc.
" Virtual DJ" CAN read dvd's vob files (and loop, scrath them!!) . would be nice if resolume can do this to because because i have allot of custumors that send their material as a dvd because they think that is best for me

ROdrigueZ

Post by ROdrigueZ »

Originally posted by gdlt
yes you can but then you can't scratch, play backward, etc.
" Virtual DJ" CAN read dvd's vob files (and loop, scrath them!!) . would be nice if resolume can do this to because because i have allot of custumors that send their material as a dvd because they think that is best for me
I must have not explained my point... I was talking about using the DVJ feed like you'd use a cam, You can't scrach a cam image either , but you can scratch direct on a dvj... I believe it is not a problem

gloreg

Post by gloreg »

but does exist something cheaper than pioneer dvj?? even something that does not mix audio, i don\t care, just want to scratch dvd cheaply--,)