resolume 2.0 beta: post your wishes here

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

hi bart,

i wish to record live video input to a specified channel, while deck 1-3 are running...

hope it becomes realitiy

cheers
olan

levon
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by levon »

Originally posted by Anonymous
hi bart,

i wish to record live video input to a specified channel, while deck 1-3 are running...

hope it becomes realitiy

cheers
olan
er you can already have live recording playing. you plug you camera into you computer, then if its a compatable camera then it will show up in the live inputs tab of R2. then you just treat it like any other media, drag it to a clip.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

stable version ?

Sense
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Video iD (V-iD)

Post by Sense »

Posted this elsewhere, but I guess Video iD would be a logical add-on for Danger's library idea. ALthough I think the guys of resolume won't add it, to much work and a lot of management apps already out there, and management is no veejaying ;)

We do our management with Acdsee 7. I abandoned ACDsee 4,5,6 but 7 is back on track!

Video iD

Just like within mp3, the id should contain, title, author, veejaygroup and file related; starting speed, play settings, perhaps even overlay mode and mem. loading config, just add it at the end of the file, cause in general players it will probably create a hick-up.

If a file doesnt have V-id, just use the size of the file and available size, for memory processing type.

Workable?

Just thought of something else, the V-iD could contain a relative path below the preset VJ-footage directory (video-pool) within resolume. relative path can be used with resolume to correct errors in saved decks.

'Some files in this deck are not found' if you save id info in the decks, you can even specify it, woei!

Vj footage pool en relative paths will also be a lot eassier for placing pre-pared decks on other drives / laptops.

Cheers,
nz
Sense

Rincevent

Post by Rincevent »

Originally posted by Anonymous
stable version ?
When I see posts like this I think you should restrict posting to members...

VJ Nexus
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by VJ Nexus »

I know RAM management is a big issue, and you are worried about too many options per clip. Keeping it simple. What about the option of instead of loading individual clips into ram, make a whole deck loadable into ram. That way some decks can be hd and some ram. A simple button on the deck tabs.

Rincevent

Post by Rincevent »

Originally posted by NexusIntent
I know RAM management is a big issue, and you are worried about too many options per clip. Keeping it simple. What about the option of instead of loading individual clips into ram, make a whole deck loadable into ram. That way some decks can be hd and some ram. A simple button on the deck tabs.
If We could get that that would already be nice but I would preffer a per-clip option (more flexibility when i use a deck with some VERY big files for tha background for exemple and a lot of smalls files to use with effects in the foreground) , I don't understand what would be so "complex" to have 3 more buttons on the properties windows of each clips, we already have lots of buttons everywhere.