PC friendly DXV

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Sadler
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: PC friendly DXV

Post by Sadler »

For a Windows media player that is quicker and more reliable than WMP and Quicktime player, try MPC 6.4.

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/med ... lassic.htm

If you want to organise your files using thumbnails and preview footage, XnView does a very good job of both. It is very quick to load, has a wide range of thumb sizes and has a folder browsers and categorisation (which I haven't tried yet)

http://www.xnview.com

mfo
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by mfo »

Adobe Bridge CC looks pretty oldschool aweful, totally outdated, but indeed allows playback of dxv quicktime files, yeah!
But how did you guys manage to have it generate thumbnails??

mfo

Post by mfo »

@Sadler, why do you post these players here?? They don't play back DXV movs at all! You realise you are wasting peoples time? This topic is about workflow improvements when handling dxv files..

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

thx to the guy telling that xnview / mpc is not working with dxv... saving time ;)
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

flux
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by flux »

it's not entirely true. i had the same problem and XnView solved it. quick preview and browsing my DXV clips works like a charm.

mfo

Post by mfo »

maybe later version? is did you have to activate some option??
god to know anyway.

Sadler

Post by Sadler »

mfo wrote:@Sadler, why do you post these players here?? They don't play back DXV movs at all! You realise you are wasting peoples time? This topic is about workflow improvements when handling dxv files..
What makes you think I am trying to waste peoples time? I would never knowingly waste anyone's time let alone fellow VJs. I have always been able to play DXV files on my laptop through Media Play Classic (MPC) after installing QT and DXV codec. I tried to achieve this on my desktop and just could not get MPC to play DXV files. After much investigation I discovered that only a specific version of MPC would play DXVs. This is why I specified a version number in my original post.

So right now I can double click on a DXV file and have it play in MPC on my laptop and my desktop.

I recommended XnView because, for me, it worked out of the box (so to speak) on both machines and allows for thumbnails and playback of DXV files. Again, I wouldn't mention it if it didn't work and I only mention to try to help folks.

hookerbot

Post by hookerbot »

After looking for a way to get vlc to play dxv this is what i found, from the vlc forums
vlc forum admin wrote:The codec should be licensed as (L)GPL or similar before it can be added to VLC.
original post https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.ph ... xv#p241426
I couldn't find any information on the current licensing of the DXV codec, help?

RycoDePsyco

Post by RycoDePsyco »

...for information...

VLC Player does not work.
Alternate...

Here is a link to download.

Here is the Resolume Player for DVX Codec.

Media Player Classic 6.4.9.1 Windows 2000 / NT / XP / Vista / 7 (8 not tested)
To play "DVX files".

>>> http://www.free-codecs.com/media_player ... wnload.htm

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/med ... lassic.htm

thx

Snudis
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Snudis »

Oh this is really hurting me!
100s of hours of work making my DXV library and now no easy way to manage it or view it on my new Mac.
I have complained to Apple, like they will care hearing from me. :evil:

Someone said above Adobe Bridge would preview the files, well it does show a thumbnail. VLC won't play them, my usual go to for everything, but another player I bought on a cheap Leawo bundle called Elmedia Player Pro plays it so that came in useful at least.