A MUST feature = MIDI 2 Actionscript !

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Parametex
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

A MUST feature = MIDI 2 Actionscript !

Post by Parametex »

I'm unpatiently waiting the release and I just noticed that a VERY VERY ESSENTIAL feature is missing! A midi to actionscript module is the best and most versatile module imaginable! Please please you have to put this in! One can then have supercomplex algorhytmic composition while playing a gig! Whoohaa! Yeah!!

seex
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by seex »

I second this, actualy i think this is more usefull than midi out, i imagine a generator type of controler that has four timlenes that can record a seqence of midi parameter changes and can than playback those changes with all the usual controls that already exsist in resolume (loop, bounce, fps...).

In and out point for effect parameters, wuld come handy here too, and if you implement that be shure to make an option for setting a midi controler to them.

For starters this wuld be a much better option to running a separete programme next to resolume, even though Jazz++ is a very simple programe it is made for audio so i actualy use like 10% of its functions and it has some slight effect on fps, but nothing constant that culd be controled.

levon
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by levon »

hmm maybe i miss-understood this request, are you asking to be able to control flash files using your midi keyboard through resolume?
or what seex said?

Danger

Post by Danger »

is that they want to see implemented.....

Parametex
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

To clear things a bit...

Post by Parametex »

A concrete example:

MIdi2As module in resolume would be an extremely valuable method of feeding variable values from midi thru resolume to flash. User could then simply map a midi controller value to be ported as such to flash.

For example one would have a variable in flash movie called 'midiValue', this variable would contain the value (0-127) transmitted in certain midi controll channel. User then could have a dynamic actionscript in the movie making use of the variable 'midiValue'.

By having a midi cotroll over flash movie parameters would give users tons and tons of possibilities concerning the narration/actions/animations/etc/etc of the flash movie.

For a power users point of view this feature is simply a must!

Danger

Post by Danger »

that would be cool
:D

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

hmmm...
it's an interesting feature.
but you can allready control the four flash parameters send to flash with your midi controller the range is different 0..100.

the thing is that when you have multiple flash files playing a lot of data must be send to each flash file.... but we could narrow it down into say 10 controller values...

i allready had an idea to create a standalone flash player that can send full audio fft data and midi values to a flash file being played.

why doesn't macromedia put some of those features in their app. of course this feautures wouldn't work on the internet but it would work very well on standalone applications....but i guess that's why they made director....

anyway, good idea, let me think about a nice solution for this.

cheers
Edwin

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Aha, it was me, i didnt get it, sounds like a simple enough fature to implement.

quicksnail
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by quicksnail »

Vlight.CTRL (http://www.vlight.to/MXR/)is a standalone application that puts midi variables into a Flash file. I tried it and it works very well. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work while playing in resolume 2.0

You can download the free trial and maybe figure out a way of incoroporating this nifty piece of software?