P4HT Vs P-M need advice

Bro, does your rig even lift?
Rincevent
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

P4HT Vs P-M need advice

Post by Rincevent »

Hello folks,

I need advice, I want to buy a laptop FOR resolume and I'd like to know what CPU will give me the most using resolume.

I can choose between :

P4 3.0 Ghz , Hyper-threading , 1Mo L2 cache , FSB 800 + 1Go DDR RAM (400Mhz)
+ Radeon 9700

or

PM 735 , 1.7 Ghz , 2Mo L2 cache, FSB 400 (* 2 ? ) + 1Go DDR RAM (333 Mhz) + Radeon 9600 PRO TURBO

I included the video card in the specs so you can tell me "Don't take that card it sucks" if necessary but i think it won't impact the perfs.

as you can see one have FSB 800 and the other 400, I suppose both have a real 800 FSB but I'm not sure.

also the P-M has 333Mhz DDR RAM wich is I think under-clocked if FSB = 800.

My Main concern is performance, I can buy the 2 systems for the same price ( well 30 Euros more for the P-M) And I don't care about the heat and noise because I buy it to play in gigs where there is lot of noise and heat anyway (well if you say the P4 is gonna burn in a gig's heat I'll think again.)

Does anyone has tested the 2 CPU's (P4HT Vs P-M) ? and has consistent info on this topic ?

By the way, the systems are Dell Inspirons' P4 is 9100 and P-M is 8600c.

thanks

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

this question has been answered a couple of times on the forum but you should go for the P4 3.0 Ghz that will give you better performance than the PM 735 1.7 Ghz. Especially when you use effects.

The Mobile Pentium is designed for laptops that need to run on batteries for a long as possible.

Edwin and i both have a laptop from http://www.Promedion.nl these are fast and we,re quite happy about them.

Rincevent
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Rincevent »

thanks a lot bart.