Hard Drive Configuration

Bro, does your rig even lift?
VJ Nexus
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Hard Drive Configuration

Post by VJ Nexus »

I am running 3 hard drives in my resolume computer, and was wondering what the best configuration for them would be. I do have a raid controller, and was wondering if striping them on that would be faster than a standard eide connection. My motherboard also has 2 SATA controllers. I was thinking about getting a 10,000 rpm raptor ATA150 hd and trying resolume on that.

Basically I've been using resolume to run Dv .avi files, uncompressed dv format to get a better picture quality. My computer handles this fine, until there are 3 layers running all with effects. That's a lot of harddrive spinning. I even try to stplit the clips between harddrives. I was wondering if a RAID configuration would give me faster streams, or if anyone had tweaked harddrive configurations for resolume performance??

Athlon64 3000+, 1GB 3200 ddr, Maxtor 80Gb 7200 8Mb, Western Digital 250Gb 7200 8Mb, Western Digital 80Gb 7200 8Mb, Radeon 9800 Pro 256, 12 fans in case, ATI TV Wonder Pro, AverTv Capture card, 3 firewire ports (I have run 5 cameras before)

(Love Resolume, definately buying it this week!! I will be using Resolume on November 19 for The Crystal Method at a show)

[Edited on 10-11-2004 by NexusIntent]

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

Yes using RAID 0 (striping) would improve the performance a bit especially when you are using big files. And those 10,000 rpm raptors are hella fast! and not so expencive.

oOaurOra
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

hella?

Post by oOaurOra »

hella... you in CA... we should meet up and babble the vj thing....