Analog Live Video Signal

Bro, does your rig even lift?
toby
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Analog Live Video Signal

Post by toby »

Hey Everybody,

the last time I tried a lot with combining live video signals to my visuals. For the first I used only webcams and its absolutely no problem.

My question is now how to do it with an analog signal like S Video. Would a normal adapter chinch/s-video/rca-adapter to USB do it?

Any experiences or tips?

Thank you very much! :)

philmcrackin
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Analog Live Video Signal

Post by philmcrackin »

You want a capture card like a Blackmagic Intensity or the Matrox MX02. I've gotten the MX02 working on Resolume on Windows but there is a few frames of delay, I think there's definitely a less delay with the Intensity. What do you need an S-Video input for? Do you have something like an LZX video synthesizer or something else?

lotech

Post by lotech »

You can do it relatively cheaply (at least on a Mac) using a DC60+ usb capture dongle which you can find on eBay for $10-20. You'll also need to buy a copy of VideoGlide ($30) to add the drivers and get it to appear in Resolume.
The delay is minimal and totally usable for effected SD content.

One problem to be aware of is that theres quite a few Chinese knock offs so you need to make sure its exactly a DC60+ - not a DC60 or some other random revision. A good guide to identifying them - http://easycapexpertti.phpbb3now.com/vi ... ?f=25&t=26

That said - the absolute best choice is some form of Blackmagic Capture card/box as they are pretty much zero latency and can do all resolutions up to full HD.

Stickygreen

Post by Stickygreen »

hey Lotech, have you noticed with the latest version of R4 4.1.6 the video capture via videoglide isn't working again. I just experienced this issue on saturday night. It was broken in an earlier release, but then it was fixed in 4.1.4, and now it appears to be busted again... I love my EasyCap, and use it all the time, but the video glide compatibility is driving me crazy!

toby
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by toby »

Thank you very much for your informations! :) that helps me a lot. I have one question to lotech:

I found the DC60+ here on ebay. Alright! :) Why do I need the VideoGlide to get the drivers appear in Resolume?

With DC60 there is a Disc of drivers included. Do you think that wont be enough?

Thank you very much! :)

All the best

Tobi

philmcrackin

Post by philmcrackin »

How much of a frame delay difference is there between the DC60+ and a Blackmagic Intensity anyway? Does the DC60+ have as much delay as a Webcam or is there less delay?

lotech

Post by lotech »

I can't give you an exact number in as far as delay goes but it was acceptable IMHO. I started a thread a few years ago on the Garagecube site which has a good list of what does and doesn't work as a quicktime capture device which Resolume should also support.

Stickygreen - I haven't used our DC60+ in ages but good to know. Next time I have my one near me I'll give it a try.

Stickygreen

Post by Stickygreen »

lotech wrote: Stickygreen - I haven't used our DC60+ in ages but good to know. Next time I have my one near me I'll give it a try.

Post here if you've got the same issue as I experienced.

I didn't have any problems when running 4.1.4

Stickygreen

Post by Stickygreen »

toby wrote: I found the DC60+ here on ebay. Alright! :) Why do I need the VideoGlide to get the drivers appear in Resolume?

With DC60 there is a Disc of drivers included. Do you think that wont be enough?
you need the videoglide driver for the DC60 to work.