TV One 750 scaler questions

Bro, does your rig even lift?
drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: TV One 750 scaler questions

Post by drazkers »

tobyspark wrote:I'm not sure what you guys are seeing. Fuzziness? I suggest we stop trying to describe this in words and get some hard documentation of input vs output.

About your processors vs stock 1T-C2-750s. What you have isn't a 'hack', it's an officially developed TV-One firmware that adds the additive feature and triplehead resolutions to the publicly available v415 firmware. While anything is possible, it is extremely unlikely that the d-fuser firmware has anything to do with whatever issue you're seeing.

In terms of resetting things, part of the design of the d-fuser is to keep available the full capability of the 1T-C2-750, so the processor's buttons are exposed, and the controller has a troubleshooting feature to get you out of any mess you make using those buttons. Use that troubleshooting option, and you'll first be guided through the TV-One reset of the processor, and then the controller will conform the processor's settings to what it expects. You don't have to do that second part if you want to see if that's where issues are being introduced.

Not that it should affect these kinds of settings, but if you're going into troubleshooting of the setup, I'd wholeheartedly recommend making sure you're running the v29 controller software.

Thanks to Joris for making me aware of this.

I'll be posting pictures after tomorrow when this wacky paint party is over. I didn't really notice until jarock pointed it out to me, we also had to use 37mm which may have made it more noticeable. We had a Dfuser and a straight connection running into a folsom and it became noticeable when switching back and forth.

I'll have some comparison iphone photos with the same image/source mirrored between the Dfuser and straight into the folsom.

tobyspark
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by tobyspark »

Thanks. So hard to figure out what's going on without actually seeing what is happening.

If you're going into a Folsom, can you also get a shot / note down the *exact* format the folsom is receiving for both direct from laptop and from d-fuser?

I think what threw me yesterday was how it could seem fine on a monitor but not LED wall. We need to work that out.

najrock
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by najrock »

I am also stumped as to why it appears fine on a monitor and then is distressed while running into LED product. I had a theory that it was some setting buried in the tv one somehwere that I had missed that was zooming or something... but I checked everything I could think of.

I am tempted to order a tv one out of the box to compare...this could be just an issue with that piece of hardware in general... in fact two different people have told me that tv one stuff just does this...

the gigs where I have butted heads with the tv one in the most alarming ways were more intricate pixel maps ( coachella , Ultra) where I would map everything out before hand in my pre viz studio and then when I would plug into the product through the tv one I would be off by like 4-5 pixels... but if I plugged direct the map was dead on... my straight lines were brighter bolder and cleaner... this was the catalyst for my experiments that have now lead me to try top crowd source a solution :|

deepvisual

Post by deepvisual »

its normal to have a line up problem when going from digital to analog..
is it possible this is what is going wrong for you?
do you run everything in DVI-D or do you go to DVI-I at some point?

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

Hey guys, I couldn't get any pictures from this weekend. The wall was setup in LED studio pretty late and I had to rehearse several intro's for the life in color guys. I noticed that the scaler made my pixel map off to the right by 1px as well. Not a big deal since advanced output solved it. I don't hit another wall until the 28th. Sorry on not delivering.

Can you get some pictures from this coming weekend najrock?

najrock

Post by najrock »

drazkers wrote:Hey guys, I couldn't get any pictures from this weekend. The wall was setup in LED studio pretty late and I had to rehearse several intro's for the life in color guys. I noticed that the scaler made my pixel map off to the right by 1px as well. Not a big deal since advanced output solved it. I don't hit another wall until the 28th. Sorry on not delivering.

Can you get some pictures from this coming weekend najrock?
no problem man, gotta do work before you can tinker :D

If I have enough tech time in puerto rico I will set up the spark... It shouldnt be a problem

i will try to bring a decent camera as well.

@deepvisual - we stay DVI-D the whole time as far as I know

tobyspark
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by tobyspark »

I think we need the following to systematically diagnose this
- settings the laptop thinks it is outputting when connected direct
- settings the laptop thinks it is outputting when connected via d-fuser
- settings the d-fuser is set to output
- settings the folsom is interpreting the direct laptop input as
- settings the folsom is interpreting the d-fuser input as
- settings the folsom is outputting

The tech guys should be able to tell you the Folsom side no problem, that's their trade. Failing that, the manual is online and in days past I've used it's menu to find out before.

You should be able to get the d-fuser and laptop settings, ie. in OSX a screenshot of the system preference display pane (better: SwitchResX or similar giving full gruesome details).

For what it's worth, my suspicion is on the image processor you're plugging the d-fuser processor into interpreting the d-fuser signal differently to the laptop signal and ie. applying an HDTV overscan to it. That logically fits what has been described, and what that kind of kit is there to do, but lets not jump the gun - even if so, we need to know why.

dirtyjohn_lv
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by dirtyjohn_lv »

It COULD be a Folsom scan issue, not 100%, although the Barco guys will fight that.

I had a rack of 4 Folsoms, all the same firmwware, and 3 of them behaved differently with DVI (digital) / VGA inputs. No matter how many factory resets I would do on Folsoms, inputs would be shifted left or right and I would have to go into the input settings and physically change the timings to match.

LED cards are finicky, especially if they are Chinese. They will ONLY accept digital signals, if you use a DVI-I cable, even thought the cable supports "D", if the input see the analog pins present, that's the signal it uses.

I've seen the issues najrock is having, first show they did here in Vegas.

naj - Are you bringing it with you for Halloween? Let's play around with it then