Help ! Setup with 6 Outputs and 2 Inputs

Bro, does your rig even lift?
schLega
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Help ! Setup with 6 Outputs and 2 Inputs

Post by schLega »

Hey Guys,
at first I want to say that i´m new in this forum and my english is a little bit bad. So I don´t matter, if somebody will give me the answers in german^^ Hopefully you will understand me ;)

So I have to build a setup for an event, with two live cameras and seven beamers/projectors. But there should be three of this seven projectors, which should stream a big wall for advertisments. The other four projectors should show the live cameras. I want to make transitions from one cam to the other and sometimes a few clips. I only need one output on my output/video card because i can splitt the signal to the 4 projectors. These four projectors should always show the same but they will be stream at different places.

Here´s my actual workstation:
Software: Resolume Arena 4
Processor: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2630 (2x 15 MB Cache/ 2 x 6 x 2,3 GHz)
Motherboard: ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS, Intel C602
RAM: 32GB ECC DDR3-1333 (4x 8GB)
SSD: 128GB Corsair Force GS (555MB/s read) (for the clips to play in resolume)
Second SSD: 380GB Corsair Force GS (for the operating system)
Hard Drive: 500 GB (for Stuff)
Graphics: Nvidia Quadro 4000 with 3 Outputs but I can only use 2 at the same time.

At this time I have to say that I´m using this workstation to create films in 3ds Max / After Effects / Vegas etc...
not for resolume or live shows. Actually I wanted to upgrade with an nvidia tesla C2075 to nvidia maximus technology for better / faster computing.

My problem is how can I build in 2 sdi inputs and 5 video outputs(1 x Resolume Software + 1 x Mixed Cameras(splitted up to 4) + 3 x Advertisment Projectors.

So I need more video ouputs and inputs to make this possible.
After a lot of research (resolume forum/nvidia/ati/blackmagic) I heard that more than one card would be difficult to accept in Resolume. I thought I have to buy a nvidia sdi capture card and a nvidia sdi outputcard. If I do that, the cards would all work together, but that would be very expensive.
SDI in/out:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-dig ... eline.html

So I decided not to buy a capture /output card which fits to my quadro. I want to install a second OS, with another new card.
At first I wanted to take the Nvidia NVS 510. It is made for Multiview - uses. It can use 4 Outputs at the same time. This card would be perfect if i would use some tripple head to goes / dual head to goes. But I think this solution would have to much delay.
NVS 510:
http://www.nvidia.de/object/nvs-510-gra ... pContent=2

So my latest idea is to use an ATI HD 7970 GHz Edition of Asus:
http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/MATR ... /#overview
It is a gamer card and not optimized for rendering images or something other numerical problems but I think it would be enough. It has 6 Outputs. So I can use 1 x Resolume Software + 1 x Mixed Cameras(splitted up to 4) + 3 x Advertisment Projectors + 1 x Monitoring Output on another display for me.

As I said before, I want to install a second OS, so that the quadro card would only work on the first OS and the AMD card on the second OS. I want to run resolume and the capture cards also only on the second OS.

I also need video inputs for the cameras. I want to buy 2 x Blackmagic DeckLink Mini Recorder cards:
http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/product ... pecs#35424

ATI, Nvidia, Resolume and Blackmagic says that they would be compatible. But on some pages they say that you have to pay attention beacause not everything will work. Nvidia says that if i buy the SDI Output/Input cards of Nvidia, they would work all together(also Blackmagic cards) very fast. But i want to use this ATI card. I´m not sure that resolume recognizes the Blackmagic cards. I know that the ATI card won´t work together with the blackmagic cards but it should only compatible. The Blackmagic cards would be calculated by the proccessor,wouldn´t it ?

So my latest Setup:
Software: Resolume Arena 4
Processor: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2630 (2x 15 MB Cache/ 2 x 6 x 2,3 GHz)
Motherboard: ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS, Intel C602
RAM: 32GB ECC DDR3-1333 (4x 8GB)
SSD: 128GB Corsair Force GS (555MB/s read) (for the clips to play in resolume)
Second SSD: 380GB Corsair Force GS (for the operating system)
Hard Drive: 500 GB (for Stuff)
Graphics: Nvidia Quadro 4000 (but not in use)
2nd Graphics: ATI HD 7970 GHz Edition (of Asus very important!)
Capture Cards: 2x Blackmagic DeckLink Mini Recorder

Can somebody check this setup ? Does it work ? How much delay will be ? Can I use two DeckLink cards (live cameras) at the same time ?
I hope somebody can take a little time and help me ... :)

with kind regards,
schLega

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Help ! Setup with 6 Outputs and 2 Inputs

Post by drazkers »

The nvidia sdi output card is just a glorified dvi to sdi convertor Even nvidia admits this. A black magic dvi to sdi adaptor is alot cheaper and more versatile.

The black magic deck link mini's work great with resolume and I have several boxes with multiple ones inside. One box has a 7970 in it so I can confirm that that capture solution and output will work.

You get about 2-3 frames delay with the black magic cards and resolume, pretty much the best on the market.

Biggest thing with the 7970 is getting drivers that play with resolume nice. I've found them to be temperamental until you find a series that works great.

LXConcepts
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by LXConcepts »

multiple decklink mini recorders will work, although they're picky in regards to their input signal

please note they only work with YUV colorspace as well....
Lighting and media server design

schLega

Post by schLega »

drazkers wrote:The nvidia sdi output card is just a glorified dvi to sdi convertor Even nvidia admits this. A black magic dvi to sdi adaptor is alot cheaper and more versatile.
Yes but it´s unimportant because i won´t take it anyway ;)
drazkers wrote:You get about 2-3 frames delay with the black magic cards and resolume, pretty much the best on the market.

Biggest thing with the 7970 is getting drivers that play with resolume nice. I've found them to be temperamental until you find a series that works great.

2-3 frames delay are perfect :)

Can you explain me what you mean with "temperamental" exactly ? I can only try to install the latest drivers from the ati homepage and that´s it. I also heard to turn off interlacing mode in the ati catalyst software, if the videos are not running smooth.
Or would you take an other graphics card ?

kind regards...

schLega

Post by schLega »

LXConcepts wrote:multiple decklink mini recorders will work, although they're picky in regards to their input signal

Ok, but i don´t know which colorspace is sent from my camera ?
I only know that the camera has a sdi output for live streams too.
Would you so kind to check that for me ?
It´s an SONY PMW-EX3...

kind regards...

Stickygreen

Post by Stickygreen »

You need to spend some time on the Black Magic web site. They have the tool you need to add to your computer.

schLega

Post by schLega »

Stickygreen wrote:You need to spend some time on the Black Magic web site. They have the tool you need to add to your computer.
which tool do you mean ?
Normally I only need to install the drivers and then it´s added to my computer.
I spent a lot of time on their website and I don´t know which tool you mean. If I go to Supprt I can download the manual and that´s it. I haven´t bought the Blackmagic cards yet, because I wanted to ask in this forum before, if they are woorking right. There is also a Dektop Video Software(including drivers) but I can download them when I have the product because it requires a serial number from the capture card.
The System requirements for this card are also ok.
Microsoft Windows 7 64 bit
min. 4 GB system memory (i´m using 32)
min. PCIe x1 lane or faster (i´m using x16 (x16 mechanical/ x16 electronical)
Apple Quicktime 7.6.9 or later (which I have already installed because even every video software need it)

I only wanted to ask here somebody to check my setup, because it is very important for me that it works ;)
So before you say to me that I have to spent more time on the website, please tell me what do you mean with your answer exactly ?
and sorry for this horrible english^^

with kind regards...

LXConcepts

Post by LXConcepts »

schLega wrote:
LXConcepts wrote:multiple decklink mini recorders will work, although they're picky in regards to their input signal

Ok, but i don´t know which colorspace is sent from my camera ?
I only know that the camera has a sdi output for live streams too.
Would you so kind to check that for me ?
It´s an SONY PMW-EX3...

kind regards...
probably both, most cameras and pro video gear are switchable

mind you, I couldn't get a Folsom HD to talk to my decklink mini recorder last weekend
Lighting and media server design

schLega

Post by schLega »

Can I use a gtx 680 and gtx 670 to use 6 Outputs in one computer ?
I won´t use it in SLI Mode...

with kind regards..