Split a 2160x576 signal in 3 screens

Bro, does your rig even lift?
tetill
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Split a 2160x576 signal in 3 screens

Post by tetill »

Well, I was wondering if with resolume and a potent graphic card (which one?) I could put 3 4:3 signals divided in the 3 layers of reslume to be projected everyone in a diferent screen but the total signal would be one image with the total size of 2160x576....

therandelman
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

got ghz?

Post by therandelman »

I think, this could be possible!

I would recommend t check out the MATROX site, they are the only company which produces grafic cards with 4 outputs I know.

In Resolume, you can configure each output and what you want to have dispalyed (eg. Output 1 - Layer1, Output 2 - Layer 2, Output 3 - Layer 3, Output 4 - Preview Matrix).

If I understand you right, you want to divide one big "panorama image" into 3 separate outputs. If so, it is your job to prepare your footage properly (that the edges fit together) in after effects for example.

But I guess, this kind of use will need a beast of a computer.... no matter what software u use.

anyway, i really like the idea. good luck! :cool:

[Edited on 1-12-2004 by therandelman]

tetill

Post by tetill »

Thank you for your help, yes, this is exactly what I want to do, but I don't know if it gonna work...

therandelman

trial and error

Post by therandelman »

i just noticed your thread on vjforums.com! there are various prosperous sounding solutions for your idea. only one way to find out which works: try it!

Anonymous

Thanks for the support

Post by Anonymous »

Je je, yes I agree, I will have to try it anyway. At the moment I have a mess on my brain cause I have lots of information and I don't know from where to start but trying it is the only way to make up my mind. Thanks therandelman

Danger
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Danger »

i try it with one video split in two parts and it work :)

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Thank you Danger, I hope that with 3 screens will work also. I'll try when I buy a 2nd graphic card cause I still have one. Does anybody recommends me anyone? Or a combination of two? I have a Geforce Mx440. Thanks

levon
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by levon »

you will have to get a PCI-E or just a normal PCI video card for your other one, cause all(???) motherboards only have one AGP slot. i dont know what cards come in PCI or PCI-E though i think the radeon 9200 come as a PCI, not quite sure though

tetill

Post by tetill »

Ok, thanks I will keep on comparing prices and diferents cards

therandelman

stay MATROX

Post by therandelman »

compared to some of the latest consumer gaming card prices with ATI or GeForce chipsets, yo can easily get a MATROX card with quad output support (G450 MMS, G200 MMS) prices start at € 400.-

if you already have one matrox, you might experience less compartibility issues, than when mixing brands... just a thought...

:o