No chance to IMPORT HDMI into Blackmagic INTENSITY Shuttle

Bro, does your rig even lift?
martino.cerati
Is taking Resolume on a second date

No chance to IMPORT HDMI into Blackmagic INTENSITY Shuttle

Post by martino.cerati »

Hi all,

i tried everything to import an HDMI 1080p signal from a Macbook Pro
with a Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle into my Macbook pro Display retina via Thunderbolt.

impossible.

Tried with:

- Thunderbolt-HDMI --> HDMI IN (Blackmagic) = Black screen
- Thunderbolt-VGA --> VGA-DVI(I) --> DVI(I)-HDMI --> HDMI IN (Blackmagic) = Black screen, also in other monitors
- Thundebolt-DVI --> DVI(I)-HDMI --> HDMI IN (Blackmagic) = Black screen, also in other monitors
- HDMI Output to SWITHCER ATEN VS0801H --> HDMI OUT - HDMI IN (Blackmagic) - Black screen

(http://www.aten.com/Professional-Audio/ ... 0801H.html)

I'm going tomorrow to try with a VGA (with support to 1080p)-->HDMI MALE adaptator
and the at 29 of May with a HDCP Passtrought.

(http://www.amazon.it/SWITCH-PORTE-AUTOM ... TECH+SW-01)

If my idea is correct, Folsom ImagePRO-2 can do an HDCP passtrought and permit me to import an HDMI signal from a Macbook pro into mine with a Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt, but actually no any chance to import a 1080p source from an Apple laptop to another one into Arena.

Also no any chance to import a 720p source from a Macbook pro.

It is correct that it can be possible for HDCP protection?
Any idea to make it possible without $10.000 and also to make it possible for the 30 of may?

Help me. Please!
This is a message to the community and also to the Resolume crew to explain certainly this Blackmagic D.S. limit from a limit imposed by Intel.
I understood that BMD is compatible but it is limited by other. Any solution again?

Martin.

martino.cerati

Re: No chance to IMPORT HDMI into Blackmagic INTENSITY Shutt

Post by martino.cerati »

I forgot that i will try tomorrow with HDFURY 3 like an HDCP Passtrought.

M.

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

-Make sure you chose the right /and actuall/ resolution in every party of your signal chain.

-Kill HDCP in the Output of your mac ( its possible / maybe google it )

Get a Ligawo HDMI Splitter ( it kills HDCP / although it shouldnt/ weird stuff but very nice for use)
http://www.ebay.de/itm/like/37096628188 ... ue&viphx=1

Thats the
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

martino.cerati

Post by martino.cerati »

not working.

i tried today with HDFURY 3D (4) and it killed HDCP
i plugged VGA link to my monitor for preview and i verified that fury was running. good.

next i tried to plug hdmi output from hdfury to my monitor and it works again
but when i plugged it into Blackmagic Design Intensity Shuttle, nothing. NOT WORKS.

Tried with HDMI-Component and tried with all resolution plus time and NOT WORKING.
Tried with VGA 1080p IN to HDMI OUT into HDMI of BMD and black screen.

The only channel that is running is COMPOSITE or HDMI at PAL with a DVD PLAYER,
also with SAT SKY and HDFURY into HDMI IN of BMD i can see at 1080i video for 1 sec and then only some video noise with no video again only a shuttering of noise and channel V+Audio.

This is a message to Resolume crew
please give me a solution, BMD is still not working to resolume and also with MAC in general.

What i've to do?

m.

dirtyjohn_lv
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by dirtyjohn_lv »

Have you changed the input on the shuttle from component to HDMI in Desktop Video?

martino.cerati

Post by martino.cerati »

absolutly yes

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

Maybe / JUST maybe... you have a broken shuttle ?!
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

martino.cerati

Post by martino.cerati »

Anyone know (or someone of Resolume crew) if BLACKMAGIC DESIGN ULTRASTUDIO 4K via thunderbolt
is supported for import HDMI in Resolume like a normal capture card?

Martin.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

For troubleshooting problems with Blackmagic devices via HDMI, please take the following steps.

1. Connect the MBP to the BM box via a normal MiniDP to HDMI adapter. We use off the shelf adapters by Belkin.
2. The MBP sending to the BM box should now show a BMD device as a secondary display.
3. Select the resolution you want to send. Change the refresh rate to 50 (PAL) or 60 (NTSC) when necessary.
4. On the computer receiving the signal, launch BM's own software Media Express to check the incoming signal.

If anything is not working for you during these steps, your problem is with Blackmagic, and can not be solved by us.

5. After you have checked the signal flow, launch Resolume and load an instance of the Blackmagic device as a live camera from the Sources menu.
6. Select HDMI as your connection, and choose the correct resolution and refresh rate.

Apple computers do not require a HDCP stripper. If you are not getting a signal, HDCP is not your problem. An HDFury will not solve your issue. If it goes wrong during steps 1-4, contact Blackmagic. If it goes wrong during step 5-6, send us a mail@resolume.com.

lotech
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by lotech »

It seems you're getting all the same advice as you got on the Facebook forums. Although you think its HDCP it probably not as many of us are doing what you're trying to and have never (ever) had to deal with HDCP.

I can personally confirm that you can capture from a MacBook into a Blackmagic capture device - although we don't have a Intensity Shuttle I have tested it via an Thunderbolt based Ultrastudio 3D and Mini Recorder and a PCIe based Mini Recorder and Intensity Pro.

Also as you say you're trying to run 1080P into it - is it 1080P25/30 or 1080P50/60? The Ultrastudios don't capture P50/60 and you need to go for a lower frame rate. Also look into using Display Maestro or Display Menu as they may give you more refresh rates than you can access via Display Settings.

Also don't go converting to VGA at any point as that just make things confusing and other than knowing its not HDCP your source computer may be getting weird/different EDID and no sending a standard HD signal.

Otherwise as @He2neg said - maybe you have a bung shuttle?