Airplay solutions

Bro, does your rig even lift?
jaydeeshow
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Airplay solutions

Post by jaydeeshow »

Hi Guys,

I'm new here and I do have a question for the experts...

I'm creating a show where I might project 1 to 3 screens that might be different or just copies.

First of all I own a macbook Pro late 2013, with GT750 2 gb, 16ram on the system and quad core...

I read about the Matrox Triple head but I'm still thinking if it's the best solutions.

Did anyone tried to use airplay through an apple tv?
Can 3 apple tv stay together? Or the best solution is running cables from the 2 display port and the hdmi all together, or in case of the same screen multiplied by 3 buy a triple head and if this is the solution please tell me which model of triple head is best for my system.

Thanks in advance to anyone that could help me.

Jo.

DayVeeJay
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: Airplay solutions

Post by DayVeeJay »

I would avoid airplay. IF it works, there is potential for a lot of issues. My MBP doesn't have an HDMI out so I dont know if you can use two Thunderbolt adapters and the HDMI at the same time. If you can do this, you shouldnt have any issues. TripleHead2go will work for sure.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Yes to 2 MiniDP adapters + HDMI for 3 outputs.

Also take a look at the Zotac DisplayPort to Dual HDCP HDMI Adapter (ZT-DP2HD) which will let you double up your miniDP outputs. But that only works at 3840x1080 (2 @ 1920x1080) and the best way to set it up is to use the app SwitchResX (http://www.madrau.com) to define custom resolutions on your Mac.

jaydeeshow

Post by jaydeeshow »

DayVeeJay wrote:I would avoid airplay. IF it works, there is potential for a lot of issues. My MBP doesn't have an HDMI out so I dont know if you can use two Thunderbolt adapters and the HDMI at the same time. If you can do this, you shouldnt have any issues. TripleHead2go will work for sure.
Thank you DayVJ, did you try? Or is theory, because in theory I can imagine that is unstable and very risky but before buying one and test it I was looking for someone that already tried. Thanks again.

jaydeeshow

Post by jaydeeshow »

Oaktown wrote:Yes to 2 MiniDP adapters + HDMI for 3 outputs.

Also take a look at the Zotac DisplayPort to Dual HDCP HDMI Adapter (ZT-DP2HD) which will let you double up your miniDP outputs. But that only works at 3840x1080 (2 @ 1920x1080) and the best way to set it up is to use the app SwitchResX (http://www.madrau.com) to define custom resolutions on your Mac.
Hey... I never heard about this zotac...looks an easy configuration solution. so technically I could use 5 projectors, 2 MiniDP by 2 hdmi and the hdmi port. In regards of the app required by the Zotac do you know if it has any problem with resolume especially using syphon?

In case I decide to go triplehead2go... which model would you recommend me?

Thanks again for your help!

Jo

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

jaydeeshow wrote:In regards of the app required by the Zotac do you know if it has any problem with resolume especially using syphon?
Zotac doesn't require any app but it is a 3840x1080 adapter which is not available on macs so you need to use a software like SwitchResX to create custom resolutions such as 3840x1080. Then once you've created the custom resolution, the Zotac will work as one 3840x1080 display but will show on two 1920x1080 monitors (R & L).