Firepro W9100

Bro, does your rig even lift?
Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Firepro W9100

Post by Arvol »

Oaktown wrote:
Is the FirePro W9100 really worth 3000$?
Not for Resolume Arena. I would definitely stick with a 1080ti.
It's an insane price ($7k per card), but i'm looking at the Nvidia P6000 cards to send 4-4k signals out into screen blender with Genlock to output an 8k wall over 4 outputs. The P6000 is suppose to outperform the 1080ti AND has frame locking.

Not sure if that pertains to the OP? But the Firepro's and Quadro's are suppose to be in the same class, right?

AngeloDV
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by AngeloDV »

We had experience with the W9100

Long story short, bumped into a lot of problems which Resolume fixed by now so big props for having Arena run smooth with this card. But in the end Resolume performs better with Nvidia cards. I recommend installing 2x 1080 or Titans if you have the budget

disconappete
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by disconappete »

I was under the impression that you don't get to access any processing power from a second card, you basically just get double the output connectors? If that is the case wouldn't it make more sense to install a DeckLink Quad 2 and get 8 SDI outs?

disconappete

Post by disconappete »

As far as I know the FirePro cards and Quatro cards are geared towards people like civil engineers who need to render huge projects in real time and dont care about cost. The drivers are supposed to be superior/more stable, and you get a lot of support from the company as part of the price point. Part of what I found appealing about the FirePro W9100 card is that they also have the S400 sync cards for syncing multiple machines/gpus.

lightbx

Post by lightbx »

disconappete, you are correct in your analysis of how Resolume works with 2 cards and the general usage and benefits of the AMD Firepro series.

As someone who has struggled to get Firepro W7100's to work well with Resolume, I would also recommend a GTX1080 + Decklink (for outputs/camera inputs.)

RickyTerzis
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by RickyTerzis »

Hi...i am a new user here. In my case iconstantly ran into Frame Rate issues and crashes.They Benchmark well,but don't seem to do well in the real world.No Need for a K6000 Resolume cannot take advantage of all the extra features.

turnkey pcb