dual head!?

Bro, does your rig even lift?
Anonymous

dual head!?

Post by Anonymous »

do all laptops support dual head!? so that i can run resolume 2.0 output on a projector and see the interface on the laptop!?

for example this one: DELL inspiron 5160

(with this graphicscard:

nVidia ® GeForce FX Go5200 videostyrkort med 64 MB DDR)

sorry about the simple question, but im new in vj-ing! ;)

levon
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by levon »

check the specs of the computer better, or email DELL, though i think that card has a second output.

Sense
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Sense »

Ehm you don't need 2 for that?

Laptop screen = interface
s-video out = beamer(s)

If you mean if every laptop has a possibility to attach a second screen through vga, yes most do.

Cheers.
Sense

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

hrm.. yes i know thar most laptops has vga-out and s-video out... so there is no problem!? i mean.. i thought that i would need like som especial graphics card like i need for a regular pc. (two separate vga-out on the same video card)

cbit
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by cbit »

just researching this stuff for the first time too.. so plugging something into the the s-video output on my cheap acer should allow me to specify the properties of a second screen in resolume? (or resolume sends 'fullscreen' output to the s-video port automatically?)..

(maybe this would be a good faq?)

cbit

Post by cbit »

Originally posted by Sense
Ehm you don't need 2 for that?

Laptop screen = interface
s-video out = beamer(s)

If you mean if every laptop has a possibility to attach a second screen through vga, yes most do.

Cheers.
Sense
bought an s-video cable and attached it from my laptop s-vid out to a seperate monitor.. doesnt seem to help/change anything for me (no extra options in resolume, still cant view interface on laptop and fullscreen output on monitor).

is my grfx card just not capable of this (s3 savage)

Sense
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Sense »

You are seeing you s-video connection as a second screen in your windows display settings? if so, resolume should detect it, and you should be able to full output on it.

First try to get your wallpaper on your television, if that's done switch to resolume.

Sense

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

thanks for your patience sense, will try again tonight.. and try to explain more clearly what the problems are if i still can't manage it :) (cbit)

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

hi everbody, someone knows if resolume can output 16:9???
thanxalot

cbit

Post by cbit »

Originally posted by Sense
You are seeing you s-video connection as a second screen in your windows display settings? if so, resolume should detect it, and you should be able to full output on it.

First try to get your wallpaper on your television, if that's done switch to resolume.

Sense
i tried s-video and the vga output again. I can get vga out put to display an image on my monitor in clone mode.. but when i try to activate the 'extend desktop' option in the laptop dispay properties panel (all in the s3 card's advanced properties window) it doesn't work.. in the sense that, it acts as though it's changing something when i confirm that i want to extend the desktop, but when it refreshes, the displays look the same (clone) and the 'extend desktop' checkbox is still unchecked :(

(i tried resolume while running in clone mode, but of course that just clones the inerface to the 2nd monitor too).