Datapath Fx4

Bro, does your rig even lift?
Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Re: Datapath Fx4

Post by Oaktown »

How are you programming the fX4? Are you using USB or ethernet? I know you've been using wall designer so have you been able to associate the unit in the device page?

jaydeeshow
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by jaydeeshow »

Yes I was able, right click and selected. I'm using usb.
I'm very frustrated. I've noticed after applying the setting the screen now are 1920x1200 60hz. But just one in Resolume 1920x1080

jaydeeshow

Post by jaydeeshow »

The plan B is to add another gtx 970 and use 5 outputs. Should this work?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

can't you select the resolution in windows display setup after setting it in the device?
with the matrox triple head I can choose from a list even when I have set the 4 edids.
maybe you need to manually select the resolution with the fx4 too.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

jaydeeshow

Post by jaydeeshow »

My first question is this?
Can the fx4 have an input image of 3840x2400 (properly divided into the input section in wall designer)having 4 projectors hitachi Cp WU 5500? (it's a very new model)
My answer is no, at least that's the warning I received in Devices saying to take down resolution or hz.
If I take down the resolution it gives me another warning saying that it doesn't match the projectors, but if I take down the hz it works letting me apply the setting to the device. The projectors go off for 3 seconds and start again with a resolution of 1920x1200 at 60hz FRAME LOCK (which I've seen somewhere in wall designer but I couldn't find, I would it try to change that setting)
Another detail is thy in device highlighting each of the four projectors output I've manually set them to 1920x1200 (the hz parameters are not available)
I close wall designer open windows display setting, extend the displays, set the display to 100% , apply and I open the Resolume going into the advanced output and I see to screen 1920x1080 , one it's my operating display and the second is the Fx4.
My partner it's going to the of store to install a second gtx970 so we can hook the 5 projectors (4 + 1) if this doesn't work I will output 3 projector from one Macbook (I need to buy it today, any recommendation? The last models don't use Nvidia) and 2 from another which is mine.

Any advice? We will be on the fx4 in about 4 hours, rehearsal in 10 and show time in 12.

Thank you guys I hope you can help and in any case thank you 1000 times.
The problem is that I was supposed to have the fx4 3 weeks ago I would it have enough time to play around.

Thank you again.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

what is the resolution for the fx4 you see in windows display settings? and can you change it?
windows is sometimes reporting a wrong resolution to resolume.
if you switch on the test card in resolume on the 3840x2400 comp, the white grid is a 1pixel line, if they are not disappearing on your projector output then you are not losing any resolution.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Can the fx4 have an input image of 3840x2400 (properly divided into the input section in wall designer)having 4 projectors hitachi Cp WU 5500? (it's a very new model)
Yes the fX4 can have an input of 3840x2400. I've got Wall Designer open and I'm not getting any warnings when I send the 3840x2400@60Hz resolution to the DisplayPort input but that doesn't make sense since the specs on their website say:
  • DisplayPort1.2 (2160p/ 60 or equivalent up to 616 MP/s)
and 3840x2400@60Hz is 794.25MHz so to be safe you should work with 3840x2400@30Hz which is 378.75MHz.

The fX4 has 3 inputs so you need to make sure you select the DP input which is the farthest to the right. Did you open the WD file I sent you?

Now, the outputs are limited to:
  • HDMI version: 4 x HDMI1.4 (1080p/ 60 or equivalent up to 165 MP/s)
    DisplayPort version: 4 x DP1.1 (1080p/ 60 or equivalent up to 165 MP/s)
Pixel Clock for 1920x1200@60Hz will be 193.25MHz in CVT (Coordinated Video Timing) so you need to switch your 4 outputs to CVT Reduced Blanking which will bring your pixel clock down to 154MHz which is below 165MHz.
I close wall designer open windows display setting, extend the displays, set the display to 100% , apply and I open the Resolume going into the advanced output and I see to screen 1920x1080 , one it's my operating display and the second is the Fx4.
If you don't see the resolution you need, you'll have to create a custom resolution.

jaydeeshow

Post by jaydeeshow »

Hi guys, hi Oaktown,

Thank you for your support. I ended up buying a second gtx 970 and running the show with 2 display port 2 HDMI and 2 hdmi with adapter to Dvi.
The show overall went very good, I'll post some pictures even though the pc crashed twice.
I slept 8 hours since Thursday night!

Good night and in two weeks I should more time to play around with the fc4.

Best,

jaydeeshow

Post by jaydeeshow »

Hi guys,

Take a look of the outcome.
I'll try to connect the fx4 to the pc next week and thinking to keep the fx4.
The idea to use 11 projectors it's intriguing even though I have to understand why windows crashed.

Talk soon.

Best,

Jo.
Attachments
image.jpeg

speedteam
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by speedteam »

Hi Guy!
Please help me!
I have Datapath Fx4 + Macbookpro 2015
What do I do to use the DatapathFx4 on a macbook pro 2015.
Thank so muck!