Panasonic MX500

Bro, does your rig even lift?
henryjones
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Panasonic MX500

Post by henryjones »

I have a Panasonic MX500 MiniDV 3CCD[size 1/6th inch with approximately 730k pixel on each ccd] PAL camcorder. I have been using this camcorder for over a year. Recently it began to malfunction. When I shoot something, various parts of the image get distorted for a second or more with blue or red color lights [they appear in a sort of downward wave pattern and totally block the region of the image where they appear]. When i first noticed this I thought it was a problem with the lcd and decided to play it on my tv and to my shock the red and blue distortions also got recorded. Then i thought maybe it was some problem with the progressive Auto exposure or white balance setting and modified them to see if they go away. Unfortunately they did not. Another peculiar thing i noticed was this that this did not happen all the time. Sometimes for no reason whatsoever the camera worked perfectly fine and then all of a sudden the problem reappeared again.

Can anyone please tell me why this is happening and whats the solution to it?

VJzoo
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by VJzoo »

to my knowlage there isnt much you can do apart from taking it to panasonic an getting them to take a look at it.

if its just out of warrenty i know genrely they will still fix it (well at lest here in australia ive found that)

MtB
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by MtB »

i agree with bunniboi,

it looks like you have a serious ccd problem, also the "brain" looks like not workin. if you are experiencing the problem, since you bought the camera, it is defective, but a friend of mine had a smiliar problem after droping his camera...

bw