Artfox LED Video Panels? Or Other Suggestions?

Bro, does your rig even lift?
MikeG
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Artfox LED Video Panels? Or Other Suggestions?

Post by MikeG »

Hello everybody

Simple question.... anybody out there who can offer some real world feedback about Artfox LED Video Panels?
I found them online and they seem to have good quality panels for a good price. If not them any other suggestions for quality LED panels? The specific panels I have been seriously looking at are the Strong 4.

Cheers!

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Artfox LED Video Panels? Or Other Suggestions?

Post by Arvol »

They look to be constructed very well. I dig their inner-locking system, it's very similar to the wall I have.

The LED chips are all right (I'm a huge fan of the SMD3535 for 5-6mm. The SMD2727 seems to be working well these days for 3-4mm)

Nice looking refresh rate.

The weight seems to be a bit on the heavy end (the problem my current wall ran into a couple of time). I'm spec'ing a new wall and i'm trying to keep my weights to around 12-14lbs for a 500x500. When doing large shows with 200+ tiles, the actual show's structure and lifting points become an issue as they won't support heavy walls (10,000+ lbs) so cutting the weight of each tile will allow for bigger walls, which means bigger shows and bigger clients ;)

Is it IP65 rated?

Not sure what your application or company size is, but these are all the factor's I'm currently looking at for my next purchase this year.

Also, is there an office located in your state/country? I'm in the USA so if there isn't a USA office, I don't waste my time. I do a lot of repairs in house and will need a local office to ship my bad parts to so I can get credit on new parts they ship me. International shipping and custom's holding time is a nightmare and a lot of money if I have to do 3-4 shipments per month.

Couldn't find any info on the Strong 4

MikeG

Post by MikeG »

Thanks, I really appreciate the feedback!
They do say they are based in City of Industry,CA USA. Although its clearly a satellite of a Chinese operation. This is my first dive into LED video.... I am primarily a musician producer/performer/DJ but have been getting into VJing and Motion Graphics the last couple of years.
For many gigs I am already also bringing sound equipment plus a few stage lights so I am looking to add a smaller setup, perhaps 6-9 panels as a start.... Though I would like to plan for the future by purchasing panels that I would be happy to buy more of as my needs and finances grow.
So it seems the Artfox panels look good aside from being heavy if I want to build large walls in the future. At roughly $450 plus shipping a panel, the price is definitely great when compared to the similar ADJ AV3 at $1100 per panel.

Any suggestions for other companies I should be checking out?

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

If you have the budget and want to start small. 40 500x500 tiles, truss, and mounts will take you a long way. Doing DJ Booth wraps with video is huge right now.

New star has a decent product. But I would personally take out each screw and lock tight it back in place.

SHS Global, Square V, and V Team also make a descent product.
All the mentioned companies above will be in the $500-$900 range for an IP65 rated 3-6mm 500x500 tile with a weight around 14-16lbs using a SMD3535 or 2727 chip.

I'm curious about Artfox now. I'm going to see if they'll send me a few tiles to demo. I like their locking system.

MikeG

Post by MikeG »

Cool, thanks, I will look into those other brands as well. If you do end up getting some demo Artfox panels I would be interested to hear what you think. I definitely don't have the budget at the moment for 40 panels but that's something to look forward to. I'm going to have to start much smaller with 6-9 panels.... at least something to get the visuals up that can compete with the stage lighting. At this stage in the game for me most of the clubs and venues I'm playing at are small anyway. But I aspire to doing big stages for sure! I have been using a lower powered Benq short throw projector but its not cutting it when matched with even a couple stage lights and some haze. For me, there are various reasons I think panels are the way to go instead of a higher powered projector.

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

I gotcha!
Personally I always recommend LED panel over projector. It sucks the price per square foot can't be closer to a projector though, Maybe in 10 years.

I'll keep you posted with what I find on Artfox. I wouldn't be looking/Demo'ing until after July when I get a few breaks in between festivals.

cvanhoose
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by cvanhoose »

I have 400 panels of Gloshine 3.9. 128px x128px per panel. Out of the dozen different branded panels I have used, these are by far the best picture I have seen. Perfect image from any angle, even straight from the side. When properly bracketed together, you can not see where each panel begins or ends, even with pure white image.
I have had issues with handlers breaking the leds on the outer regions, so they are somewhat fragile if you do not have experienced help. Although I have never had an issue when I handle them myself during setup or strike.

http://www.gloshine.com.cn/en/product/list.aspx
Last edited by cvanhoose on Wed Jan 25, 2017 22:34, edited 1 time in total.

cvanhoose
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by cvanhoose »

Plus they have nice road cases ;)
Attachments
IMG_0705.JPG

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

Very Cool!

Doing a gig with some artist provided Artfox panels coming up in a month or so, I'll let you know about the quality when I see them.
I do like how Artfox has been an established company for a few years. Sadly, some of the companies I have reached out to in the past, for video quotes for clients, are no longer in business... That's gotta sting if you need service or parts :(

MikeG

Post by MikeG »

cvanhoose... I appreciate the feedback about the Gloshine.... I have been interested in those for sure. From what I see on the website they look really nice and you confirmed it.

dinga... it will be interesting to hear what you think after your gig with the Artfox.

Anybody have any experience/opinions of the SMD2121? I see that's what Artfox is using in their Indoor P4.