Live Camera: wireless streaming

Bro, does your rig even lift?
rund1me
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Live Camera: wireless streaming

Post by rund1me »

Hi all,

so folks i got some questions about wireless live streaming with cameras.

OK, today we use 2 JVC300 for streaming via Firewire with 20 meter cables. But everybody knows whats the problems with long cables, firewire and unplugging.
So iam searching for a cheap solution. I know the quality of the JVC300 is bad & crap but we havnt got the money to buy a JVC-GY3000U with wlan mpeg4 streaming adpater. So anyone knows a solution or a product like:

*at cam firewire to wlan adapter and wlan input stream at PC
*any sender adapter from svideo to reciever on PC
*any other sender/reciever hardware solution that can be ccaptured later by the PC via svideo in or something ?

thanks folks, i luv u ^!
mfg
vj rund1me

MtB
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by MtB »

there are 2.4ghz consumer based a/v transmitters and receivers available but u suppose to use composite video signal. because that gadgets are designed for use in home/office so they (as far as I know) do not support firewire... if your cameras doesnt have an composite video out, then u suppose to obtain one firewire->composite video converter. also you need camera (times) analog video capture card in your computer or you need to use a simple switcher (cheaper but less effective solution)

we have 2 in our equipment cache and we are using them in large venue events where we dont want to deal with looooong video cables.

as it is working on 2.4ghz, we dont have any interference problem from cellular phones or wireless microphones...

also there are 5.8ghz based systems on the market which I didnt personally tested/used but as far as I know from my ham radio knowledge, it is also preferable.

I also saw on the cataloges, 2.4ghz based, wireless ip video (security) cameras, which interested me. with simple 802.11b based network card, i suppose you can connect 4 - 5 video cameras on a single pc. but as I mentioned, I didnt tested such a product. From a local dealer, I get a promise for having that sort of camera for couple of days. it might be very easy and cheap solution for fixed camera solutions. according to my local dealer, I can have such a camera in prices between $180 - $220.

check http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/control ... Q=&ci=2505
for such wireless solutions.

hope that helps

bw

t.

[Edited on 21-3-2005 by MtB]

rund1me

Post by rund1me »

thx for reply!

first:
its not my Visual PC & Videoswitcher.
So there is a Svideo in & Svideo out -> svideo out to videoswitcher than splittet to 5 LCD Screens and two Beamers.
and i think in the pc is a extension card with this chip:
http://www.conexant.com/servlets/Downlo ... ileId=1879

i must say mony is not the problem, cause its not my mony its a installation in a very high visited club in austria. the problems are:

*resolume support (for sure)
*good light quality camera ( for dark environments )
*cam should support the wirelees solution
*wireless solution at the cam & reciever at pc

so maybe you know a good, compact cam with a very high light intensitivity.

and i tried getting "svideo in" to resolume and petes live feed but it wouldnt worked, any suggestions.

Thanks people

[Edited on 29-3-2005 by rund1me]

MtB

Post by MtB »

you can check sony's mini dv compact recorders,
also, sony-professional got interesting camera solutions for fixed installing operations.

but it depends on budget :)

check http://www.sonybiz.net/

if need extra info or help drop here another note :)

bw

t.

rund1me

Post by rund1me »

i looked yesterday all day for a good kamera. so i think sony HDR-FX1 is a good solution or Sony DSR-PD170P. not that expensive. OK so i see HDR-FX1 got a 3 LUX and DSR-PD170P got 1 LUX Light quality. i think thats enough for this environments.

Thanks for help mTb! so i have a question again. what i have to do to get Svideo captured in Resolume ?

Thanks !

MtB

Post by MtB »

if it is going to be installed application, fixing to fx1 will be quite waste :)
check sonybiz site for installed application type cams :)

for the s-video input; dude, check out for tv cards with input :)
I have one with composite and s-video :) works like a baby bum :)

if you have any video input for the system, be sure that it is selected as input.

bw.

t.

[Edited on 30-3-2005 by MtB]

rund1me

Post by rund1me »

yeah jeah i know got tv card with input etc... np but i tried with those capture drivers & petes live feed so nothing s cooking.
where else to select the input?

MtB

Post by MtB »

there suppose to be a somewhere, native in the system, where you can make settings and input selection... not in resolume...

run the tv cards software
try to make some capturing from s-video input

if succeeded, save (if avail), quit from the host application, run resolume and try again...

hope that helps,

bw.

t.

rund1me

Post by rund1me »

kk, i reply later when iam testing.
so the 2,4 sender needs just a av out ? or svideo out or what.... i have to know that cause i have to buy a camera that can adjust this. whats the output of the transmitter to the pc ?
whats your setting when u use them ?

asbach

Post by asbach »

i would suggest you to take some color security cams, they have a good resolution, and will deliver a usable image from 0.2 lux.