Creative solution to Mouse Vibration from base?

Bro, does your rig even lift?
Digitrevx
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Creative solution to Mouse Vibration from base?

Post by Digitrevx »

Hey all,
I've been trying a touch monitor for Resolume and working nicely. However with large decks and Resolumes standard scroll bars not very touch panel friendly and without the ability to map the scroll bars to a nob (not complaining) I still end up having to use the mouse.

I've found in club situations where I get stuck next to the DJ the base makes my laser mouse creep across the screen even while holding it and mashing it down onto the table in attempt to hold it still.

Too often I run into a bit stressful situations trying to "literally fight the base" to navigate the deck in time. Has anybody found a solution to this?

Empyfree
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: Creative solution to Mouse Vibration from base?

Post by Empyfree »

Track pad?

Digitrevx

Post by Digitrevx »

That is a solution yeah. Hmmm honestly didn't think of that. I don't use a laptop so that's why it didn't occur to me. I honestly hate them so much I use a bluetooth mouse for my laptops. ><

Anothertom
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Anothertom »

If you add an extra layer, and then map a knob to the clip select for that layer it will scroll to keep the selected clip (even when empty) in view. can't remember if this also changes the vertical scroll, but if it does then if you're willing to sacrifice preview/clip effect/browser space you can keep all your layers in full view.

If your controller supports it, you can also set limits so it doesn't go zooming off past where your clips stop, which is useful.

Digitrevx

Post by Digitrevx »

Oh nice that is also a really creative solution! I think I know of the scroll to active clip feature I think you are talking about. Unless I there is another feature or trick I'm missing.

I always deactivate that feature since I have animated masks and casers in my decks that I don't want the comp to scroll too just because I mashed the button on my controller for a second.

Or would your suggestion over ride the feature?

Anothertom
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Anothertom »

Digitrevx wrote:Oh nice that is also a really creative solution! I think I know of the scroll to active clip feature I think you are talking about. Unless I there is another feature or trick I'm missing.

I always deactivate that feature since I have animated masks and casers in my decks that I don't want the comp to scroll too just because I mashed the button on my controller for a second.

Or would your suggestion over ride the feature?
Hmm... That's a good question, it might not scroll the view of you've disabled 'scroll to active clip' in the preferences, you may have to try it for yourself as, for various reasons I've not got access to a controller.