Need 16 output and plus one for GUI

Bro, does your rig even lift?
laserist
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Need 16 output and plus one for GUI

Post by laserist »

Need 16 output and plus one for GUI, pls help
Do you know the working configuration videocard(one or multicards setup) and extender(Datapath or MST hub)
we plan to show one 4K content movie divided into 16 projectors (4x4 matrix) about 1024x768 on each channel

i now https://resolume.com/manual/_media/en/r ... upport.pdf, but what restrictions on the number of channels exist for Windows and Resolume solution(i now about WATCHOUT and special media server solution, but very expensive and stiil Windows OS)?

Daniel
Team Resolume

Re: Need 16 output and plus one for GUI

Post by Daniel »

Here you have a more updated but similar version: https://resolume.com/support/en/lots-of-outputs

There isn't any limitation on the number of screens you can use within Resolume. Windows should be able to handle this fine as well - haven't seen any indication of a limit.

It is indeed an interesting challenge to find a good way to output them all.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

Love the new page Daniel! Thanks for sharing.

Quick question:
Using a Nvidia Quadro P5000, the specs look pretty comparable to the GTX1080.

Having that card send 4 - 4K outputs to 4 Datapaths, and having those Datapaths be in sync with each other,
Theoretically, you could achieve 16 1080p outputs all in sync, correct? (giving you an 8K resolution spread across 16 outputs)

Or in another scenario: Having the Quadro P5000 send 4 outputs to 4 Novastar 4K processors and having an 8K screen be in sync without any tearing. (A scenario I personally would most like use before the previous scenario)

You can't really sync the physical output ports of a Geforce series card can you? So having the Quadro series Sync would be an advantage over the Geforce series, since the physical output ports on that card would be in sync, right?

Once we get 8K processors or FX4's that support 8K input signals, the GPU's I mentioned above can already output 8K@60 per port, so we can even bump the numbers up to scale to the GPU's pixel count per port. We're just waiting on the FX4's and Novastar processors to catch up on their input canvas sizes at this point, right?

Sorry if this is getting a little off topic, but this has been something I've been curious about for about 6 months now. I had a client look to do an 8K indoor LED wall this last December for a Christmas production. And I really didn't know an answer to give them as I've never left the 4K realm of processing myself.
Most of this talk is theoretical for me, so trying to brainstorm with you on this would be very interesting for me, so when I do get asked these questions, I could have an answer I could give in theory.
Until I buy the P5000 card, and connect it to the processors and LED wall, I really won't know if theory and real world applications will work haha

If there is a way to have the Geforece cards sync their physical outputs like the Quadro series cards would, that would be ideal for the price point. The Quadro card is $600 more than the 1080ti, so having the outputs be in sync, would be worth the $600 IMO

Thanks for any info you might have on this.

Again, Love the new page (nothing wrong with old one Joris :lol: )
I'll be sure to send that link out to the FB people that always ask these kind of questions.

jaydeeshow
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by jaydeeshow »

Arvol wrote:Love the new page Daniel! Thanks for sharing.

Quick question:
Using a Nvidia Quadro P5000, the specs look pretty comparable to the GTX1080.

Having that card send 4 - 4K outputs to 4 Datapaths, and having those Datapaths be in sync with each other,
Theoretically, you could achieve 16 1080p outputs all in sync, correct? (giving you an 8K resolution spread across 16 outputs)

Or in another scenario: Having the Quadro P5000 send 4 outputs to 4 Novastar 4K processors and having an 8K screen be in sync without any tearing. (A scenario I personally would most like use before the previous scenario)

You can't really sync the physical output ports of a Geforce series card can you? So having the Quadro series Sync would be an advantage over the Geforce series, since the physical output ports on that card would be in sync, right?

Once we get 8K processors or FX4's that support 8K input signals, the GPU's I mentioned above can already output 8K@60 per port, so we can even bump the numbers up to scale to the GPU's pixel count per port. We're just waiting on the FX4's and Novastar processors to catch up on their input canvas sizes at this point, right?

Sorry if this is getting a little off topic, but this has been something I've been curious about for about 6 months now. I had a client look to do an 8K indoor LED wall this last December for a Christmas production. And I really didn't know an answer to give them as I've never left the 4K realm of processing myself.
Most of this talk is theoretical for me, so trying to brainstorm with you on this would be very interesting for me, so when I do get asked these questions, I could have an answer I could give in theory.
Until I buy the P5000 card, and connect it to the processors and LED wall, I really won't know if theory and real world applications will work haha

If there is a way to have the Geforece cards sync their physical outputs like the Quadro series cards would, that would be ideal for the price point. The Quadro card is $600 more than the 1080ti, so having the outputs be in sync, would be worth the $600 IMO

Thanks for any info you might have on this.

Again, Love the new page (nothing wrong with old one Joris : lol: )
I'll be sure to send that link out to the FB people that always ask these kind of questions.

Hi Arvol,

First of all, I love your post because if we can find out to make Resolume scalable would be the bomb!!!

I'm working on a similar project.

Oaktown replied to me in another post:
Oaktown wrote: Assuming a 20% blend (216 px) all around you'd need a 23856x1080 comp so, considering the 16384 px limitation, I would build the 360˚artwork in two stacked bands of 180˚each. You'd end up with a 11928x2160 comp and I would use 1 @ 1080ti, 2 @ 7680x2106@30 DP outputs and 4 @ Datapath FX4 (2 main and 2 pass-throughs) for the 14 projectors.
Note from Quadro P5000: Four DisplayPort 1.4 outputs (supporting resolutions such as 3840 x 2160 at 120 Hz and 5120 x 2880 at 60 Hz, so I'm assuming you want 4 x (3860x2160). In my case it's different in fact I have to set all comp to 30hz.

The P5000 + the sync 2 is definitely appealing but before putting all that money I'd like to hear from someone that tried this out.

By the way, can I ask you what system you have or are you building? I mean Cpu, cooler, case(rackmount?) and other .
Kindly appreciated.

Best,

J.

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

Yeah, In my case it would be 4 - 4K outputs @60 (or in the future 4 - 8K outputs @60 when Novastar gets to that level, since the GPU supports 4 - 8K outputs @ 60)

I was looking at a X99 build with a i7-6850k CPU.
a 1TB m.2 Samsung SSD.
A Single Quadro P5000
and 32GB of Memory.

I didn't get the project approved due to lack of testing and confidence issues on my end. So I really didn't go too much further into the build. It would have been rack mount and conventional fan cooling.

jaydeeshow

Post by jaydeeshow »

Arvol wrote:Yeah, In my case it would be 4 - 4K outputs @60 (or in the future 4 - 8K outputs @60 when Novastar gets to that level, since the GPU supports 4 - 8K outputs @ 60)

I was looking at a X99 build with a i7-6850k CPU.
a 1TB m.2 Samsung SSD.
A Single Quadro P5000
and 32GB of Memory.

I didn't get the project approved due to lack of testing and confidence issues on my end. So I really didn't go too much further into the build. It would have been rack mount and conventional fan cooling.
Are you looking at Chembro 42300 case as well?
I'm upgrading the motherboard.
Cpu i7 6700K I don't know, what do you think?
16gb - DDDR4 ram. Upgrade?
Considering a P5000 for scalability purposes.

Waiting to hear Oaktown opinion as well.

Best,

J.

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

The 6700K only has 16 PCie lanes, I wouldn't recommend that at all haha
I didn't get far enough into the project to look into cases tbh.
If 32GB of ram is 25-30% increase of price from 16GB I'd go for 32GB.
And I'd go m.2 for your SSD.

Oaktown has a lot of good build specs :)

jaydeeshow

Post by jaydeeshow »

I'll update my MB...lol.

I'm still very confused on pricing and cores.

x99 with TB3 (there is a more expensive media server version, does it make sense buying this one it's $1,000 cad)
i7 8700K
32 GB of ddr4 (MHz ?).
And still, debated between the P5000 or 1080Ti... why Asus 1080 ti it's hard to find and cost $200 more, the PC store gentlemen told he prefer EVGA for better customer service.

Thank you Arvol.

Best,

J.

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

The i7 8700K is still only 16 PCIe lanes :lol:

Goto:
https://ark.intel.com/compare/?ids=9333 ... 4887,63698

And looks at the PCIe lanes, use the scroll arrow at the top, I personally would eliminate anything under 40 lanes.

Just my 2 cents ;)

I'd go with stock ramm speeds (no need for OC stuff) just check your MOBO for speed info

jaydeeshow

Post by jaydeeshow »

Arvol wrote:The i7 8700K is still only 16 PCIe lanes :lol:

Goto:
https://ark.intel.com/compare/?ids=9333 ... 4887,63698

And looks at the PCIe lanes, use the scroll arrow at the top, I personally would eliminate anything under 40 lanes.

Just my 2 cents ;)

I'd go with stock ramm speeds (no need for OC stuff) just check your MOBO for speed info
Hi Arvol,

I'm quoting for ASROCK x99 extreme 4, i7 6850K, choosing other components, can you help?

RAM: Speed? Brand?

I'd like to buy components that works great for resolume. Have been tested.
Still debate it on Quadro P5000 only for scalability purposes. I think the 1080Ti has been tested a lot.
Do you think any specific brand? I heard EVGA has great customer service.

THX :)