Input Video via USB

Bro, does your rig even lift?
Richard Paula
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Input Video via USB

Post by Richard Paula »

Hi all,

i need a low latency SDI-video input for USB 3.1 that work with arena.
Does anybody has worked with an Osprey Video Bridge?
Normally we do this with the TB3-port, but in this case we need all outputs for the projectors.
Any other suggestions?

Thx, RP.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Re: Input Video via USB

Post by Oaktown »

I use the Blackmagic Design UltraStudio SDI unit and it works great! Unfortunately it's been discontinued but you can still buy it from quite a few vendors.

Quite a few people really like Magwell which a nice selection of USB capture cards: http://www.magewell.com/usb-capture-family. I'm about to get a couple of their USB Capture SDI 4K Plus for an upcoming project.

Richard Paula

Post by Richard Paula »

Oaktown wrote:I use the Blackmagic Design UltraStudio SDI unit and it works great! Unfortunately it's been discontinued but you can still buy it from quite a few vendors.

Quite a few people really like Magwell which a nice selection of USB capture cards: http://www.magewell.com/usb-capture-family. I'm about to get a couple of their USB Capture SDI 4K Plus for an upcoming project.
Thanks for answer. How is the latency on the Ultra Studio SDI? Do You know the latency for the magwell Input?

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

I haven't checked in a while but usually you'll get 2-3 frames with the Blackmagic gear. I don't think there is any noticeable difference in latency between my TB2 and USB 3.0 capture units.

Richard Paula

Post by Richard Paula »

Oaktown wrote:I haven't checked in a while but usually you'll get 2-3 frames with the Blackmagic gear. I don't think there is any noticeable difference in latency between my TB2 and USB 3.0 capture units.
Sounds good. Same here for the thunderbolt devices. I also saw the magewell devices. they sounds also good. Which one do you prefer? Blackmagic or Magewell?

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

A lot of our current stock is currently Blackmagic Design gear but they don't carry good USB 3.0 capture devices anymore so I'm probably going to start a Magewell drawer at the warehouse!

Warspite
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Warspite »

I am happy with AJA U-Tap, in Resolume 6 delay is small, it uses common USB TypeB connection and full size hdmi and sdi.