Christie Boxer 4K, HD base T and Ethernet switch

Bro, does your rig even lift?
jaydeeshow
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Christie Boxer 4K, HD base T and Ethernet switch

Post by jaydeeshow »

Oaktown wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 03:17
Are you doing Imag?
Sorry, not sure what Imag is or stands for? I guess no.
My preferred approach would be HDBaseT especially if the Boxers you're renting have the HDBaseT card. If not, just get (2) RX/TX units and if you go that route, make sure you use solid core CAT6A ethernet cables.
I do have 125' solid core cables and the boxers have HDBaseT.

No I would recommend using two independent HDMI to SDI 4K adapter or PCIe card out of your server.
1 PCIe card is definitively more convenient ($) than 2 HDMI-SDI4K.

Will this be the right for me, considering the client ask me yesterday for one live feed?
Will work sending 2 out and one In, and the third projector via hdmi?
https://www.avshop.ca/video-computer-vi ... FwQAvD_BwE
No, if you use one HDMI to SDI 4K adapter, you'll want to plug one SDI cable into each projector.
I think I understand. Out from the 1080ti...hdmi out-HDMI In-SDI1 out to the projector SDI in and then SDI2 to the stacked projector SDI in.
Keep in mind that 6G-SDI single cable is not quite as easy to extend at 12G-SDI quad cable so be mindful of the type of cables you use and the length of your runs.
My runs will be roughly 25'. In case I will go SDI can you recommend which cable, the specs and so on.
Don't you have more than one output?
Yes I do. I have 2 display port and 2 HDMI. No need to use the datapath this time.
I still do everything with the naked eye! I always set my first projector, overshoot the second one so that I am slightly over the first one everywhere and do the blending in the projectors if they have curved correction and if not I do in software (Arena for the most part) using two different outputs.
With my Hitachi's is extremely simple to align them, with the naked eye from the projector test patterns directly.
I need to do this with the Christie as well, I'm not getting how to do it in resolume if one screen will be 2 projectors, or should I do 2 screens with the same input (Composition)?

Anyway, this week I'll start testing like a maniac. I'll sleep in my storage if I have to.

Thank you again, Oaktown.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

I need to do this with the Christie as well, I'm not getting how to do it in resolume if one screen will be 2 projectors, or should I do 2 screens with the same input (Composition)?
That's why I'm recommending you use two discrete signals out of your server.

jaydeeshow
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by jaydeeshow »

Oaktown wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 16:14
That's why I'm recommending you use two discrete signals out of your server.
Got it.
3 projectors, 3 feed, 1 input for the ceiling comp (screen 2) and 1 input for the same image (Main screen+Main screen) to double up the lumens.

Thank you!

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

I would actually create 4 screens in arena. Screen 1 would become the reference screen for the two projectors in the stack which would be screen 2 and 3, and screen 4 would be your ceiling. Then all you slices in screen 2 & 3 would use screen 1 as a virtual input. This approach would give you the ability to fine tune the two projectors individually and still make global adjustments at the same time.