Multicam Setup to Resolume

Bro, does your rig even lift?
dfrantsv
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Multicam Setup to Resolume

Post by dfrantsv »

I have the Amcrest camera IP2M-841EW (White) and I found the latency using OBS and VLC with Syphon or NDI to be unusable. The delay was 3-4 seconds when going through those applications. I found a relatively cost effective solution for <300ms latency using this IP camera.

I bought a Kiloview DC-220 IP camera RTSP to SDI/HDMI converter with an Elgato CamLink capture card. I connect the IP Camera via ethernet and POE injector to an Apple Airport Express router. The Kiloview RTSP converter connects via ethernet cable to the same Airport express. The HDMI output on the Kiloview goes into the Camlink capture device plugged into my computer. Once everything is configured resolume will see the camera as a capture device via the Camlink

The latency at 1080p/30 from resolume is under 300ms now and usable for almost real time live streaming to video screen for events. I noticed the latency if I plug the Kiloview directly into a display is about exactly the same as if I run it through resolume first. If I had a better capture card like a BMD or Aja the latency might even improve. I have not tried the SDI output yet, but that would likely improve latency.

Professional PTZ cameras can cost more than $2000. This is the most cost effective solution I have found for fairly low latency PTZ video into Resolume. With POE ethernet you only need one cable going to the camera and it can be hundreds of feet long. Wireless IP cameras are just too undependable and have to much latency. The system I built is rock solid.

Amcrest 841EW - $70
Kiloview DC 220 RTSP converter - $180 used, $246 new
POE injector - $20
Elgato Cam Link 4K - $130
------------------------------------
Total cost new $466

Not bad for 1080P/30 streaming PTZ camera with <300ms of latency. I think to get better than that you would have to buy a professional PTZ camera costing much, much more.