Live Video Input through UVC Camera

Bro, does your rig even lift?
paxwebb
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Live Video Input through UVC Camera

Post by paxwebb »

I am a DJ that spins music videos and I am trying to get my live video mix into Resolume Arena at a club I play at weekly. They have no capture card, so I bought a USB 3 "UVC camera" capture card (external box) that said it doesn't need a special driver. and thought I could jack my HDMI straight in that way. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work.

Is this kind of capture card not supported by Arena? Does it need a different driver? Can someone give me some hints on how to get this card working, or what card is more compatible? Keep in mind I don't want to spend a fortune as the club is not paying for this. 1080p is good enough, don't need 4K. Thanks in advance.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Live Video Input through UVC Camera

Post by Zoltán »

Resolume 7 supports Blackmagic, AJA, and Datapath capture cards natively.
Other capture cards also should work if they are supported by the OS. In this case you should be able to find the camera in the Sources panel - Capture devices.
If it's not showing up, you could try NDI: https://resolume.com/support/en/NDI_inputs_and_outputs
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

paxwebb

Post by paxwebb »

Thanks for the reply. Here is the strange thing. I downloaded the resolume arena demo to my laptop and plugged in the USB3 capture card. It worked just fine (Win 8.1). The capture card showed up in the sources panel near the bottom, which i then dragged over to the top layer in resolume arena. No issues.

Armed with that knowledge, I returned to the club, plugged the exact same USB3 capture card into their computer (Win 10), and .... it doesn't show up in the sources panel at all. I checked the device manager and it shows there. Why might it not show up in resolume arena at the club when it works just fine on my laptop? (I forgot to check the version of arena they are running). Any ideas??

I've attached 2 quick photos of the club's computer below:
WechatIMG1296.jpeg
WechatIMG1297.jpeg

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Looks like Arena 6.0.xx
I guess you tried with 7.2.1.

The latest Arena 6 is 6.1.5, you can get it from the bottom of the download page. Could be also that the card doesn't work the same way as it does in windows 8, maybe it needs drivers after all.
Does it work in other apps on the win 10 machine?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Username739266

Post by Username739266 »

I'd also check their USB ports are actually 3.0, as it's an older machine.